Question about Computers & Internet
1. Make sure that the printer is on. The power light should be on, but not flashing.
2. Lower the output tray, then open the printer cover.
3. Press the ink button. The print head moves to the ink cartridge replacement position, the power light begins to flash, and the ink out light corresponding to the ink cartridge that needs to be replaced begins to flash or remains on.
- Do not press the ink button for more than three seconds. The print head cleaning command will be initiated if the ink button is pressed for more than three seconds.
4. Open the cartridge cover. Pinch the sides of the ink cartridge that you want to replace. Lift the cartridge out of the printer and dispose of it properly. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
- If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If discomfort or vision problems remain after a thorough flushing, see a doctor immediately.
- For best results, shake the new ink cartridge four or five times before opening the package
- Do not shake the ink cartridge after removing from the bag; this can cause leakage.
5. Remove the new ink cartridge from its protective bag. Place the ink cartridge vertically into the cartridge holder. Then, push the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place. Do not apply excessive force to the cartridge.
- Do not remove or tear the label on the cartridge; otherwise, ink will leak.
- Do not touch the green IC chip on the side of the cartridge. This can damage the ink cartridge.
- If an ink cartridge should be removed temporarily from the printer, be sure to protect the ink supply area of the ink cartridge from dirt and dust. Store the ink cartridge in the same environment as the printer. When storing the cartridge, be sure that it stands as shown in the illustration below (the label that identifies the color of the ink cartridge should be displayed on the top of the cartridge). The valve in the ink supply port is designed to contain any excess ink that may be released. However, careful handling is recommended. Do not touch the supply port of the ink cartridge or its surrounding area.
- Be sure to always install an ink cartridge into the printer immediately following the removal of an old ink cartridge. Failure to promptly install the ink cartridge may cause the print head to dry out and render it unable to function properly.
6. When you are finished replacing the cartridge, close the cartridge cover and the printer cover.
7. Press the ink button. The printer moves the print head and begins charging the ink delivery system. The ink lights start flashing. This process takes about one minute to complete. When the ink charging process is finished, the printer returns the print head to its home position. The power light will stop flashing and remain on, and the ink out light will turn off.
- The power light will continue to flash while the printer is charging ink. Never turn off the printer while this light is flashing.
-If the ink end error occurs after the print head moves to its home position, the ink cartridge may not be installed properly. Press the ink button again, and reinstall the ink cartridge until it clicks into place.
Posted on May 07, 2011
1) Looking at the front of the printer/scanner there is an indent on the left hand.
2) Lifting up on this portion should reveal the inside of the printer.
DO NOT touch the flat cable inside the printer, DO NOT force the lid, it should open easily.
3) The ink cartridge is underneath the plastic cover in the back right-hand side of the printer. Gently pull up on the cover until it swings open.
4) pinch the clips holding the ink cartridge in the printer and pull up.
5) Unpack the new ink cartridge.
6) Remove the tape that is on the ink cartridge.
(If you forget this step the printer won't print. If that happens, remove the new cartridge, remove the tape and then reinsert the cartridge)
7) Insert the ink cartridge and push gently until it clicks into place.
8) Close the cover over the ink cartridges, and then close the printer cover.
9) Follow any direction on the front display (hit OK)
Posted on May 07, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 12, 2011 | Epson Printer Accessory
Remove your printer from the PC and uninstall the printer software. Now reinstall the printer software and connect the Printer to be detected and installed. Check printer properties to see the ink levels.
Use head cleaning before a test is taken . It is possible that the head is not reacting to the need of the command , can be an issue with ink drying , can also be poor ink cartridge contacts
Feb 18, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 16, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 08, 2009 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 05, 2009 | Epson Stylus C40UX InkJet Printer
Oct 29, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 06, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo 2100 InkJet Printer
Jun 18, 2019 | Computers & Internet
159 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: