Question about HP Officejet 7210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
1) Open door so print heads move to the center
2) Unplug the unit. (Don't turn off, just unplug!)
3) Open back door
4) Look inside the back left side for a small black gear (About the size of a quarter)
5) Spin the gear with a screw driver (I'm pretty sure I spun it clockwise). Spin it and watch the inside of the printer where the print heads park. You should see a tray move out that has four rubber blue rectangles on it on the right side of the unit (this is where the print heads park when the unit is not printing).
6) Keep spinning the gear until the plate moves all the way forward.
7) Grab the plate and try moving it forward more.
8) Put the back on and close the top.
9) Turn the unit back on.
10) Open the top again
11) Unplug the unit again. (Don't turn off, just unplug!)
12) Grab the tray, from step 5, and slide it all the way forward and all the way back multiple times.
13) Make sure that the print heads slide left to right smoothly
14) Remove ink cart's and clean the contacts with bottled water and a q-tip. LET DRY BEFORE REINSTALLING!!!
15) Remove print heads and clean contacts with bottled water and q-tip. LET DRY BEFORE REINSTALLING!!!
16) Clean the inside of the printer with a soft dry cloth, use a slightly damp, with bottled water, lint free cloth (Glasses cleaning cloth works well) and wipe off the rollers in the front and back of the unit. See HP's cruddy support site for details on this step.
17) Hold down #7 (reprimes the printheads with ink) and plug in the unit
Ref - http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/22798
Posted on May 07, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 22, 2016 | Samsung ML-1910/SEE ML-1910 Mono A4 Laser...
Aug 02, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 10, 2009 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 03, 2009 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 10, 2008 | HP DesignJet 500ps InkJet Printer
Jun 27, 2014 | HP Officejet 7210 All-In-One InkJet...
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!