Question about Asko D1776 Built-in Dishwasher
Poor washing performance
♦ The dishes may not be loaded properly. Make sure
that soiled surfaces are facing downward or toward
the center of the dishwasher. Also, make sure that
the bowls, pots, etc., are not stacked so closely that
water can’t reach the soiled surfaces.
♦ Make sure you are using the appropriate program
settings for the dirtiness of your dishes.
♦ An item may be obstructing the spray arm rotation.
With the baskets loaded and in place, manually turn
the spray arms to make sure they move freely.
♦ Your dishwasher detergent should be fresh and
stored tightly closed in a cool, dry place. Old or caked
detergent will not dissolve properly. Wait until you
are ready to start the dishwasher to add the
detergent. If you are using the Delay program, make
sure the dispenser is dry before adding the detergent.
♦ Your dishwasher detergent may be inferior. Try a
♦ Make sure the rinse aid dispenser is filled.
♦ If you have hard water in your area, try adding more
detergent and increasing the amount of rinse aid
♦ Check that the spray arm jets are not clogged.
Posted on Aug 15, 2008
Here are some simple points you may want to check on:
1. make sure that the delay option is not turned on
2. check the fuse box and see of a part is blown or tripped circuit breaker.
3, make sure that the door is locked and the operation trigger (like the on that makes a fridge light lit up when door is opened) make sure that it is being triggered by the door.
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
It could be a motor or a pump issue. The dishwasher has a motor that attached to a pump which forces the water up into the sprayer arms and during the drain cycle, it pushes the water out of the dishwasher.
The motor (and pump) located beneath the dishwasher.
Check if motor spins. In case it spins, the problem is with the pump ,in case it doesn't spin it could be a motor problem or a motor and pump problem.
First of all: filter plate clean? Clean any locked hole.
1) Can you remove the upper spray-arm and verify if holes inside are locked by any residus. Clean the holes , and check if pure water come out when you fill the center hole with some water.
2) Switch on the dishwasher , coldest wash cycle dish-washer empty and without the upper spraying arm. Once you hear water streaming in, open the door and look if a little water fountain comes out from the center hole where the upper spraying arm was fixed. If not, this canalisation is blocked and should be cleaned. Try to continue the wash cycle, often the water pressure will clean itself this canal. Check also lower spray arm: it should be rotating a while and ejecting water thru its holes. If not, verify this canalisation as well.
3) Put the spraying arm again on its place, verify also the sealing else water pressure is going down and spraying will not turn and spray water.
4) Again, continu a wash cycle, open the door and look; upper arm should be rotating and some rays trown out.
Hopefully, this helps .
If not, pump pressure may be low; have a repair verify, can be that only brushes in the motor must be replaced, can be the pump worn out and to be replaced at all.
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
SOURCE: dirty dishes
Likely a recirculating pump failure. It's a separate pump from the drain pump. Just replaced mine, and found that the plastic impeller in the pump failed at the hub. The motor would run, but it couldn't pump anything. The annoying part of this is having to buy a $225 pump assembly because of a $2 piece of plastic.
Posted on Oct 29, 2008
Could be a a couple different issues.. Not filling with enough water or food chopper broke or food chopper filter screen clogged.
Check water level:
Run the DW and wait for the main wash to start (water will fill. pause then complete fill) The water should be no more than 1/4 inch below the heating element. If not there..replace water inlet valve.
Inspect food chopper:
1. Remove lower spray arm and rear water supply tube to upper spray arm.
2. Remove torx screws that secure the sump cover.
3. Remove primary filter
4. Remove food chopper cover to expose the chopper assembly. Inspect for breakage or blockage.
If you need further assistance, let me know
Posted on Jun 29, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2015 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Aug 28, 2014 | LG LDF6810ST Stainless Steel Built-in...
Dec 16, 2013 | Dishwashers
Jun 16, 2012 | Dishwashers
Aug 13, 2009 | Whirlpool 24 in. DU1100XTP Built-in...
Apr 05, 2009 | LG LDF6810ST Stainless Steel Built-in...
Aug 12, 2008 | Asko D1776 Built-in Dishwasher
Sep 04, 2007 | Dishwashers
702 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!