Question about GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Keyboard says short in keyboard, service soon

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 232 Answers

CHECK PLUG TO MAKE SURE NONE OF THE PINS R BENT

Posted on Aug 11, 2008

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

What does SE mean? Oven stopped working.


Shorted keyboard. You will need to replace the control keyboard/console assembly.

Aug 17, 2014 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

As soon as tit went to the baking process it trip the power


you have a short circuit : God bless you
test a) door switch b) power cord c) diode power d) high capacitor e) magnetron f) thermall short a g) control board in short h) Transformer in short i)fan motor shorta5842f2f-6344-411f-a460-cd95076f5e60.gif

Oct 25, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Keyboard Shorted


buy a new one!

Jan 02, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

GE OVER THE RANGE MICROWAVE DOES NOT STOP WORKING


You probably have a shorted cook relay.

We regularly repair this problem with our $39.95 service, or you can order a new circuit board from the Pros here, our favorite supplier.

Nov 27, 2012 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Keyboard shortage


The keypad control board or smart board needs attention," membrane in keypad is shorted"

Mar 27, 2012 | GE Spacemaker 1.5 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

As soon as i try to cook anything it blows the breaker, its only 2 years old doesn't start cooking at all just as soon as you hit start the breaker blows my model is a nn-sd297 of course it's 2...


The service manual is here.

You can order parts from Encompass here.

It may be a bad monitor interlock / short switch, or possibly a shorted capacitor or other problem in the inverter.

But I'm surprised the 20A fuse is not blowing before the breaker is!

I hope it's on at least a 30A breaker...

Let me know if I can help further.

Sep 14, 2011 | Panasonic NN-P295SF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Panasonic NNA554W blows 10a fuse when microwave comes on


Possibly the interlock monitor switch is bad or out of adjustment. This switch is designed to create a short circuit across the power line (and then blow the fuse) if you attempt to defeat the door interlock and operate the oven with the door open. A shorted capacitor or diode could also cause the fuse to blow. Because of lethal voltages inside and the possibility of microwave leakage if repairs aren't done correctly, you are best off leaving microwave service to professionals.

May 15, 2009 | Panasonic NN-SN657SMicrowave Oven

3 Answers

Microwave keeps blowing fuse


If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.

If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.

Nov 19, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Wont turn on


If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.

If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.

Nov 11, 2007 | Frigidaire GLMB209D Microwave Oven

5 Answers

Microwave not works


WARNING: Microwave ovens are the most dangerous consumer appliance to service due to up to 5,000 V at high current inside. Even with the power off, there is a HV capacitor that can produce a lethal kick. This capacitor must be discharged before touching anything in the microwave generator circuitry. DON'T remove the cover yourself unless you fully undertand the SAFETY issues involved in working inside a microwave oven. A microwave oven is possibly THE MOST DANGEROUS common consumer product to service. About the only "easy" fix would be a blown fuse, if it keeps blowing, don't go any further unless you know what you are doing. Your likely options are a blown high voltage cap, diode, or the magnetron. Good luck(but luck has nothing to do with it ;] )

Apr 01, 2006 | Sharp R-320H Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

108 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1181 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...