Question about Logitech Quickcam Chat Webcam
The information in this article applies to the following 3rd party software
MSN Messenger 6.x
MSN Messenger 7.x
Window Live Messenger 8.5
The information in this article applies the following platforms
Note: The information in this article is not product specific. For details regarding camera driver and operating system support please see article 3428
Step 1: Getting Started
Before we begin setting up the sound in MSN or Windows Live Messenger, ensure the following is complete:
Step 2: Executing the audio and video setup procedure within the messenger application
This procedure will allow you to assign an audio input and audio output device, as well as assigning the video device of your choice to work with the messenger application. The following example uses Windows Live Messenger 8.5 however, the same procedure can be used for earlier versions of MSN Messenger 6.x and above. MSN Messenger users please skip directly to step 4 below.
Note to Windows Live Messenger users: There are multiple ways to execute the following steps depending on being signed in vs signed out of the messenger application, and which version of Windows Live Messenger is being used. To avoid confusion, please execute the following steps while signed out. We also recommend updating to the latest version of Windows Live Messenger.
1. Sign out of your account.
2. Launch the messenger application (make sure you are not signed in to your account).
3. Locate and click the "Help" drop down button towards the top right corner and select "Show the menu bar"
4. Now click the "Tools" option in the menu bar and select the “Audio and Video Setup” option.
5. Click “Next to begin the setup processmy logitech webcam chat has no sond - 3172_msnad02.jpgc="http://i.fixya.net/uploads/images/3172_msnad02.jpg" alt="3172_msnad02.jpg" class="h_mi" />
6. In the “Speaker Setup” window, select the output device you would like to use with the messenger application. This step is specific to speakers or headphones. If your speakers or headphones are USB devices and connected to your computer, select the device by using the drop down menu provided. If your speakers or headphones are connected to your soundcard, the device listed will be the make or model of your soundcard device.
You can also set the desired volume level and click “Play Sound” for an audio sample. Click "Next" once you are comfomy logitech webcam chat has no sond - 3172_msnad03.jpgyour selected options.
7. In the “Microphone Setup&rdqumy logitech webcam chat has no sond - 3172_msnad04.jpgt your desired input device from the drop down menu provided.
This selection will be specific to a microphone connected to your computer. If your Logitech video camera has a built-in microphone, this option will be presented as “Logitech Mic” with your camera model name in parentheses as shown above.
If you have an external USB microphone or headset device connected to your computer that hosts a microphone, select the devices name or model number in the drop down menu. If your external microphone or headset is connected to your soundcard, the device listed will be the make or model of your soundcard device. Once your device is selected, adjust the microphone volume level to your preference and click next.
Note: The microphone volume level may need to be tested in order to find a comfortable volume level. As a starting point, try setting the level midway and adjust when necessary by re-executing this procedure.
8. In the “Webcam Setup” window, select the video device you would like to use with messenger application. Once selected, you should see a display sample in the window provided. You can also click the “Options” buttonmy logitech webcam chat has no sond - 3172_msnad05.jpgspecific adjustments. Once completed, click the “Finish” button to apply your changes.
Once you have completed this process, the messenger application should now be configured to the correct audio input (microphone), audio output (speakers or headphones), and video device (webcam) to use when engaging in an audio and or video conversation.
my logitech webcam chat has no sond - trnsp.gif
his article covers how to configure a Logitech camera's audio and video settings to work with Skype 3.6 or above. Answer This article applies to the following cameras:
All Logitech USB Webcams
This article applies to the following platforms:
This article applies to the following 3rd party application:
Skype™ 3.6 or above
To set up Skype for video please be sure that your Logitech webcam is connected and working. This can be verifed by launching your QuickCam software and checking for a video stream withinin the QuickCapture video window. Once the webcamy logitech webcam chat has no sond - 16439.jpgnality is verified, please close the QuickCam application and follow the steps below.
Click on "Options" at the bottom of the drop-down list
Fig 7my logitech webcam chat has no sond - 16448.jpg
Posted on Aug 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2010 | Logitech Webcam
Jul 16, 2010 | Logitech Webcam
May 23, 2010 | Logitech QuickCam Deluxe for Notebooks
Nov 05, 2008 | Logitech QuickCam Communicate Deluxe...
Sep 17, 2008 | Labtec Webcam Pro
Sep 08, 2008 | Logitech Webcam
May 28, 2008 | Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 Webcam
Dec 25, 2007 | Logitech Quickcam Chat Webcam
Dec 18, 2007 | Logitech QuickCam Fusion Webcam
Dec 16, 2007 | Logitech QuickCam Fusion Webcam
326 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: