- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The only time a battery will blow up is if the hydrogen gas ignites. Usually what happens is that when the battery is being drawn like during cranking, or trying to be recharged at a high rate the battery begins emitting hydrogen gas from the sulfuric acid. This is usually why the battery is kept away from anything that sparks usually. When the hydrogen gas comes out it also slowly bakes off pure water. When this happens and the level drops below the level of the plates in the battery, when the battery has to make amperage during cranking an ark occurs accross the plates igniting the hydrogen gas and making a miniature atom bomb. Loud isn't it?? To prevent this from happening keep an eye on the charge rates of the battery and if the battery has removable vent caps, keep the level topped off with distilled water. Please also note that many residential gensets do not charge their own battery and rely on the maintenance charger to always keep the battery charged. Make sure the maintenance charger is on a circuit that will be powered by the genset during a utility outage.
there two things to be aware of, 1 the condition of your battery, if it is more than 5 years old it could be the main problem it can maybe no longer hold any change, (check battery condition, see if there is a little window on the top, if it is any colour than green it could need replacing, this is the first thing to change as the second maybe expensive but not needed.
2. your charging system is not working e.g. the alternator, (generator) and need replacing.
use jump leads or a slave unit to get your car started or use a change unit and charge your battery for a few hours, let it charge for a while and see if the red charge light is on while the engine is running, (it looks like a battery block with positive and negative symbols -+ if this stays on it means you battery (no matter what condition it is) is not getting a charge(suspect point 2). if this light is off and you experience the same problem again after your battery changed from a slave unit or from another car then suspect point 1.
try removing the battery and just use plug power only if it boots normally then change the battery and the change the power supply unit as well I would just start with the power supply unit first then see if the battery charges up if not the battery is bad replace it. Now if the computer will not start with the battery removed then you have a power supply issue.
Change and replace it. Hope this helps. Also when computer lap top get hot they will shut down to protect the computer wait and let it cool down then try to restart your computer. If this does work and the lap top restarts normally get a fan cooler that is USB powered and the lap top sits on top of it. Also make sure the fan is running and is not stopped. Clean and dust it out once in awhile. I hope this assists you with your problem. John