Question about Panasonic NN-S954WF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Voltage in home down when start microwave

Why the voltage in my home goes down when the microwave is on?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Panasonic Master
  • 8,820 Answers

Either the outlet for the microwave is not on its own breaker (which it always should be) or there is a loose screw connection or oxidation in the circuit breaker panel.

If the bad connection is on the neutral wire, this can create a dangerous condition.

You should measure (or have a pro measure) your voltage in various outlet s in the home.

If you have low voltage on some and high on others, you have a faulty neutral.

This can be serious. It should be checked.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Aug 12, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave shorts out when start button hit


There are a few possible causes. The high voltage trafo is defective. The voltage doubler diode or capacitor are defective. (short). BE EXTREMELY CAREFULL WHEN WORKING ON THESE PARTS, THE VOLTAGES THERE ARE LETHAL !!

Oct 12, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Light goes on, turntable goes round, but doesn't heat


It's most likely the magnetron. These can be replaced but it is a tricky home repair and needs precautions against residual high voltage on the capacitor. Replacement magnetrons are usually quite expensive, so it may be time for a new oven.

Mar 13, 2014 | Sharp R-242 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Tappan microwave vent motor and cooktop lights not working


see this test . God bless youThis microwave oven repair is only for over the range(OTR) models. First, with microwave still installed, gain access to the control board and check for voltage from the fan relay. If you are not getting voltage from the fan relay on the control board, and your display says fan is on, then you need a new control board.
Again, this microwave oven repair is for OTR models. If you know your light bulbs are good and your display is telling you that they should be on, check the light relay on your control board. If no voltage is found at that relay, then replace the control board. Otherwise your problem is in the light socket, wiring, or wire connectors. You can get to all of that by unscrewing 6-8 screws under the unit and taking the bottom panel off.If voltage is present and the wiring that you can see looks good, then you will have to take the unit down and test for voltage at the fan itself. If the voltage is present there, then test the motor itself and/or start capacitor for the motor. The fan motor assembly will slide out of the top of the unit after you take it down and unscrew 2 screws. Below, in the list of component testing, you will see how to test the motor and start capacitor. get the part from
www.repairclinic.com
5f18838a-a52c-4961-b49c-e82cdadd074f.gif

Apr 04, 2013 | Tappan Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Magic Chef Microwave Shutting Down Problem in RV


your micrwave may run fine at 110 but it draws more power than the generator is putting out when the magnetron kicks on which is the part that creates the microwave causing the food to heat up. In other words the amperage is too low for the microwave. Amperage is what matters not voltage.

Apr 12, 2009 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave fuse mystery


AHD_NZ

If it goes dead or blows the breaker when you plug it in or open or close the door, then there's a problem with a door switch or door switch mount.

If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.

Guest

If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

May 28, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Panasonic dimension4 genius microwave oven


High voltage parts are suspect. Need to put a voltmeter on the input (primary) side to the high-voltage transformer (big heavy iron thing in there) Should be getting 120Vac when it goes to cook cycle. Don't touch the other (high voltage) side of this transformer. If the power is there, you are looking at replacing high-voltage capacitor and diode. If that doesn't solve it, then it needs a new magnatron. Its affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"
Hope ya fix it!

Jan 31, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Spacemaker XL1400 (Microhood)


High voltage parts are suspect. Need to put a voltmeter on the input (primary) side to the high-voltage transformer (big heavy iron thing in there) Should be getting 120Vac when it goes to cook cycle. Don't touch the other (high voltage) side of this transformer. If the power is there, you are looking at replacing either the magnatron or the high-voltage capacitor and diode. Its affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"
Hope ya fix it!

Jan 31, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave not heating up


Magnatron is suspect. Need to put a voltmeter on the input (primary) side to the high-voltage transformer (big heavy iron thing in there) Should be getting 120Vac when it goes to cook cycle. Don't touch the other (high voltage) side of this transformer. If the power is there, you are looking at replacing either the magnatron or the high-voltage capacitor and diode. Its affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"

Jan 03, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Today is the day my microwave stopped working


Magnatron is suspect.
Need to put a voltmeter on the input (primary) side to the high-voltage transformer (big heavy iron thing in there)
Should be getting 120Vac when it goes to cook cycle.
Don't touch the other (high voltage) side of this transformer.
If the power is there, you are looking at replacing the magnatron.
Could also be the high voltage capacitor or diode.
Its affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"

Jan 02, 2008 | Sanyo EM-Z2001S Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE microwave


This is usually an indication that the magnetron has gone bad, or something in the high voltage network controls the magnetron. Any one of the following components could be at fault: 1. Magnetron 2. High Voltage Transformer 3. High Voltage Diode 4. Magnetron Thermal Cut-out 5. High Voltage Capacitor 6. Interconnecting wiring I do not advocate taking any voltage measurements inside the High Voltage section of a microwave since the voltages can be as much as 14,000 volts or higher. If you are savvy enough to attempt yourself, WITH THE MICROWAVE UNPLUGGED, you will need to disassemble the unit to get to the high voltage section and take resistance readings. The magnetron or diode are likely suspects. If the magnetron or the transformer are bad, the repair costs can meet or exceed the price of the oven. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Jul 16, 2007 | GE JE1540 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Panasonic NN-S954WF Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

31 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Panasonic Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Panasonic Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...