Question about Belkin Wireless-N Wireless Router with 4-Port Switch
I lost my installation CD and received these instructions from the Belkin Tech Support,
and was able to install the Wireless N Router with no problems.
Follow the steps given below for configuring the Belkin N router manually.
- Connect the computer to the "LAN" port on the router and connect the modem to the Internet/"WAN" port, using Ethernet cables.
- Take a paper clip, insert the paper clip in the reset hole of the router and hold it for 15 seconds.
- The power light will flash and then come back "ON" solid, indicating that the router is being restored to factory defaults.
- The corresponding lights on the front of the router should be lit up.
- On the computer, check if you have an IP address in the range of 192.168.2.x.
- If not, specify a static IP address, gateway and "DNS" address by following the steps given in the link-
- Log on to the router web interface by typing in http://192.168.2.1, in the address bar of your browser.
- By default, the password is blank.
- Click on "Connection Type" in the left hand column under "Internet WAN" heading.
If the connection type is Dynamic (cable):
- Choose "Dynamic" and then click on "Next".
- Type in your “Host Name”, if you’re Internet Service Provider has provided it. Else, leave it blank.
- Click on "Change WAN MAC Address".
- Click on the button "Clone".
- Click on "Apply Changes".
If the connection type is PPPOE (DSL):
- Choose "PPPOE" and click on "Next".
- Enter the user name and password given by your Internet Service Provider.
- Save the settings.
- Click on the "Home" link at the top of the screen.
Internet Status should show "Connected" on the top right hand corner of the web page.
If the problem persists, please get back to us with the following information:
1. Type of connection provided by your ISP (Is it PPPOE, Dynamic or static).
2. Name of the Internet service provider (ISP).
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2011 | Belkin Wireless Access Points
Dec 27, 2010 | Belkin Wireless-G Plus MIMO Router with...
Oct 02, 2010 | Belkin Wireless-G Plus MIMO Router
May 02, 2010 | Belkin N1 Vision Wireless-N Wireless...
Feb 03, 2010 | Belkin Wireless-G Plus MIMO Router with...
Mar 06, 2009 | Belkin Wireless-G Plus MIMO Router with...
Jun 03, 2010 | Belkin Wireless-N Wireless Router with...
409 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: