I wish to download music from my iPod to my MacBook library. The catch is that the music on my iPod was put on my iPod from a pc. Can this be done?
I have been getting messages about formatting even though the process seems to go along nicely, there is nothing at the end. i sure would appreciate help.
If you have plugged the Windows formatted ipod into your mac and then formatted it using the mac, there will be no music left on the ipod. if you want to retain the windows format and the music currently on the ipod, you must say "no" to any offer to format the ipod that the mac itunes may prompt you with.
if you haven't formatted it, then you can use third party programs such as yamipod which allows you to copy music from ipod to your desktop which you can then import into itunes. search google for yamipod.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Step 1: an itunes account ? b> An iPod is a portable media player that lets users listen to music wherever they are. Before you can listen to songs on the iPod, you must first put music onto the device. If you have been using different MP3 players in the past, adding music to an iPod can be slightly confusing. The reason for this is that iPods are not compatible with Windows Media Player, Real Player or Winamp. By using iTunes, however, you can add music to any iPod.
• Open iTunes. • 2 Add music to iTunes. To do this, click "File." Choose "Add Folder to Library." Then, find the folder on your computer that holds the music you wish to put onto the iPod. Highlight that folder and click "OK." The music will be put into the iTunes Library. • • 3 Plug the iPod into the computer. After a few seconds, you will see the iPod listed under "Devices" on the left-hand side of iTunes. • 4 Click "Music" under the "Library" option on the left-hand side of iTunes. All of the music files in the iTunes Library will then be shown in the middle of iTunes. • 5 Double-click the album that contains the music you want to put onto the iPod. The songs on that album will then be listed. • 6 Highlight the song you want to add to the iPod. • 7 Drag that file over to the name of your iPod located under "Devices" (as mentioned in Step 3). The song will then be placed onto the iPod. Do this for all of the music you want to put onto the iPod. • 8 Click the "All Albums" button at the top of iTunes to get back to the list of albums on the iTunes Library. • 9 Repeat Steps 5-7 until you are done putting music on the iPod. • 10 Disconnect the player when you are done.
use itunes or you can download songs from youtube with a youtube downloader.That is the way I get music mostly.the youtube downloader I use can not only download wideos from youtube to your pc but also can convert the videos to the format you need at the same time,go ahead and have a look at this leawo Youtube Downloader,it worth you doing that.
In order to put music onto your iPod, follow these steps:
1. Download iTunes from http://apple.com/itunes. iTunes is used to manage your music library, as well as handle the transfer of music from your computer to the iPod.
2. Install iTunes.
3. Add music to your iTunes library by selecting the 'File' menu at the top of the screen, then clicking 'Add music to library'. Browse your computer for music files and click 'Choose' in the dialog box.
4. Connect your iPod to your computer with the included Dock Connector cable. iTunes will recognize the iPod and walk you through setting it up and transferring music.
Load music into your iTunes library by either purchasing tracks or CDs online from the iTunes store, which is accessible through the iTunes interface, or insert CDs into your CD-ROM drive and rip them into your iTunes library by clicking "Import Music" within your iTunes interface.
Uncheck any songs that you do not wish to be transferred from your iTunes library to your iPod, for the iTunes library will automatically begin downloading all songs (which are checked by default) to your iPod upon connection.
Connect your iPod to your computer via the USB port that came with the purchase of your iPod. Click on "iPod" located under the "Devices" category to begin the syncing process if your computer does not begin automatically downloading music to your iPod..
Connect your iPod to your computer with the USB cable. Start up iTunes (if you don't have it you can download it for free from http://www.itunes.com.
Once you start up iTunes click on File -- Add to Library
Then select the music you want in your iTunes Library. Once it's loaded you'll see your iPod listed in the left pane and you will be able to drag and drop any song you want onto the iPod.
Or you can create a playlist in your iTunes library and drag the entire playlist to the iPod.
Click on your iPod in the left pane and you will see a page that will allow you to manually update music or let iTunes sync automatically. If you choose the automatic function and you have more music than will fit on your iPod then iTunes will pick random songs to fill it.
connect ipod to pc/laptop as u would , let itunes come up. on itunes goto files /folder import from the c;. find the track or folder u wish to put on the ipod , highlight it and open it. itunes will do the converting for u. please make sure ur itunes is updated (it will convert faster) once you have all the files u want click on and hold the music library (left side of the page) from itunes (drag it down to the ipod music library) after this process is finish eject ipod and enjoy pls feel free to rate this
If you are asking how to add songs to you iPod (assuming you want to use iTunes)
Sync your iPod with iTunes
Connect your iPod to your computer.
When the iPod icon appears in the iTunes window (below Devices), select it.
If the Summary pane isn't showing, click the Summary tab.
To automatically sync your iPod:
Make sure that "Manually manage music" is not selected.
Click the Music tab and do one of the following:
automatically update your iPod with all the songs and playlists in your
library, select "Sync music" and then select "All songs and playlists."
iTunes loads the songs and playlists in your iTunes library onto your
iPod, and deletes songs from your iPod that aren't in your library.
automatically update your iPod with only certain playlists, select
"Sync music" and "Selected playlists," and then select the playlists
you want synchronized.
To manually sync your iPod:
Make sure that "Manually manage music" is selected.
Click Music (below Library, on the left side of the iTunes window) and then drag songs and playlists to your iPod.