Question about PC Laptops

1 Answer

Dead-no power-son spilled drink......

Thanks for the suggestions you previously posted...one more question-
is there a main fuse on the mother board? i was able to completely dissamble the hp530,but, the only thing i could figure out was the the button battery was bad [ only .6 volts] so i replaced it----no help.
thanks again for the response !

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Sergeant:

    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Expert
  • 395 Answers

Hi
Yes, they usually is one but it mat be on a separate power board

Posted on Aug 10, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

HP G61 no power


open *********** board battery some time or " mother board battery
inside 3pin jumper switch. open this jumper middle pin to other pin connect some time 1 minute & jumper set previous position.
or" see mother board battery
inside reset switch

May 28, 2012 | HEWLETT-PACKARD G61-306NR Notebook

1 Answer

I spilled a drink on the keyboard and now the laptop will not power up. The led that lights up when the power cord is plugged in does not come on. I checked the cord output it's ok. I took it apart and...


It's time to take the laptop to a qualified technician, for professional trouble-shooting and repair.

You'll probably need to replace the motherboard -- it's probably more expensive than buying a new laptop.

Your "data" files on the disk-drive probably can be "salvaged".

Jun 23, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite A305-S6859 Notebook

1 Answer

My gateway m460e wont charge or turn on there are no lights the mother board is dead.what cause this?


Assuming the charger is ok and the battery is ok, you may have a main motherboard fuse which has blown (would explain the lack of power), if the fuse is not the issue, then it looks like there are other damaged components on the board

Jan 10, 2011 | Gateway M460 Notebook

1 Answer

A drink was spilt on the keyboard which later on made the computer crash and just show a black screen at first, but slowly fades to an off-white color... this all happens when you first power on the unit....


Hi,

Eventhough u replaced ur main mother board, the issue can happen if the drink has reached the graphics card part or the display adapter.Better give it for servicing . I strongly believe it is the problem of display unit ( whether its display adpater or Graphics card)

Thank u

Please rate my solution as it cost only one click

Oct 22, 2009 | Dell Inspiron E1705 Notebook

1 Answer

I need a new mother board my mother board was


The first thing when spilling drink on your electronics is to remove ALL power.

Then wash the circuits with DISTILLED, de-ioniozed water till all traces of the spillage is gone. Next driop dry with one corner down and finally let dry a few days.

The only damage the spillage usually can do is electrolysis from the power source. Circuit boards are washed with water during manufacturing. Use DE_IONIZED !!!

Oct 07, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook

1 Answer

Spilled pop on laptop now completely dead


YEP! Walk away from the laptop. You killed it! And it will be costly to fix!
Estimate that at least a keyboard, and probably a motherboard will have to be replaced. That is almost the whole computer. Better bet- buy a new Toshiba Toughbook - that is practically impervious to the spilled drink. But expensive!

Sep 22, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook

1 Answer

MPC T2300. Will not POST.


soldering anything on a laptop Mother Board is risky: overheating, solder spilling over to other connections..... Check around the solder Joint with a magnifying Glass...use a Desoldering tool to remove excess solder

Aug 19, 2009 | PC Laptops

1 Answer

Laptop keyboard not operational


If you replaced the keyboard with a Dell replacement 1501 keyboard and it still doesn’t work then yes the motherboard will probably have to be replaced. If your son spilled water on the laptop it could clear up after it completely dries. If it was juice, soft drink or sport drink the laptop could develop other issues. The syrup in these kinds of drinks don’t evaporate, they just remain there and accumulate foreign particles like dust, hair, dirt and eventually start to corrode electrical contacts like acid. Similar to the terminal posts on a car battery.

Your responses are intended to improve the level of service provided. Please show your appreciation by rating your experience.
Thank You.

Apr 28, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook

1 Answer

No Sound/drivers fine/possible board issue


Yes; sad to say, but your board probably will need replacing. Spilling drinks on your computers, esp laptops, isn't a good thing to do. I have never experienced spilling anything on my computers personally, but I know other people why have, and the motherboard is what they had to replace.

Sep 06, 2008 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook

1 Answer

Spilled Grape Juice


To give it a good cleaning, you will need to remove the keyboard and clean anywhere you can see juice or feel stickiness. You can buy the expensive computer cleaners, but I suggest 50/50 rubbing alcohol and Q-tips. Remove the battery and C-mos battery to make sure there is absolutely no power to the machine what so ever. After cleaning inside, you will want to give it a good 24 hours to dry, ensure that there is no moisture before applying power. If the juice reached the bottom of the machine, you may need to remove the screen, split the cases, and take the motherboard out, in order to clean the bottom side of the board. If you leave juice anywhere on the board it will gum up, and the acids in the juice will corrode and detierate the circuitry on the board causing a motherboard failure. Now the keyboard, in order to thoroughly clean the keyboard, I suggest that you spray a good amount of the rubbing alcohol in the keyboard, shake it or blow it out with air, then take paper towels and daub up the rest. Repeat this two or three times, then let it dry approx 24 hours. Sometimes the keyboard won't recover after a spill and will need replaced. If it works properly, then, after using the keyboard for a while, you will notice if any of the keys are sticking. Take the sticky key or keys off and clean them individually. I know it's alot of work, but it'll teach you not to keep open drinks around your laptop. It did me, I've ruined one machine, two keyboards, and thoroughly cleaned a third very expensive machine of mine to keep it working, but I finally learned to drink from a sippy around my laptops.

Jul 21, 2008 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook

Not finding what you are looking for?
PC Laptops Logo

Related Topics:

155 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top PC Laptops Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18298 Answers

joecoolvette
joecoolvette

Level 3 Expert

5660 Answers

Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan

Level 3 Expert

27725 Answers

Are you a PC Laptop Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...