Question about Jenn-Air JMV8208A Microwave Oven
Don't know about the Goodman's. But I can give you a tip: it's probably easy. Just take the thing apart and look around. The GE JES1136WL01, I have disassembled right now on my recliner chair, so I can tell you all about that one.
1) Take the top of the case off. There's some Phillips screws, and two vandalproof ones: torx with a post in the middle. So you can have the right bit ( http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/VDB-1130/Security-Driver-Bit-Pack-30-pc ). Or, plan B: often our helpful Taiwanese friends didn't make the post quite long enough, and so apply enough pressure and you can remove it with normal torx (a.k.a. star) bit. Plan C: get a drill, a smallish drill bit, and blast that post out; then the torx will unscrew it, or if you don't have a torx even a small flat head (slot) screwdriver of the right size.
2) Look at the side with all the interesting stuff, behind the LED screen. See the off-white plastic thing telling you about "Max 40 Watts, Min 40 Watts"? On top of that is the black base of the light bulb, held down with two long thin white plastic clips.
3) Press the clips in, take the bulb out. Unhook the power leads too, of course.
4) Put in the new bulb. There's the kicker: where did you get your new bulb? I don't know. It's a T170 bulb, and the black base and the bulb is all one piece so stop trying to yank or screw it apart. You may have found one here:
5) Stick it in. Undo steps 1, 2, 3.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
there's no obvious removable cover over the bulb (and the owner's
manual doesn't address it) some disassembly may be required.
Always unplug a microwave before removing or installing any bulbs.
If it's an over the range type, remove the vent grille across the top and see if bulbs can be accessed there. There may be a panel on the bottom covering the light(s), instead.
If not, chances are you'll have to remove it from the wall, then remove the outer cover. If so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.
Once it's out of the wall, the outer cover (wrapper) will need to be removed, just as you'll need to do on a counter top model.
The screws you need to remove should be pretty obvious, and a special driver (such as a T20H Torx type or GTXH20-100) may be needed.
Be sure to put all the screws back in the right holes, since some may be special grounding screws.
Bulbs can be had in most grocery stores, hardware stores, home improvement centers, and big box or department stores.
Many models use halogen lamps. You must not touch the new one with your bare skin, as the oils will shorten the bulb life.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2015 | KitchenAid KCMS1555SSS Microwave Oven
Nov 27, 2013 | Goodmans Microwave Ovens
Jun 20, 2017 | Goodmans GS200 Microwave Oven
If you were to log on to the
manufacturer's web site, I think you will be pleasantly surprised as
usually one is able to download, by model number, Customer
Instruction Manuals, and a list
of Dealers for spare parts, as required.
Just Google the manufacturer's name and
follow the links. Make certain you are directed to the manufacturer's
web site as some search engines direct you to other sites and they
charge for the information that is normally free of charge.
hope this helps.
Jan 07, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 14, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Sep 12, 2009 | Daewoo Microwave Ovens
May 30, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 30, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
May 09, 2014 | Jenn-Air JMV8208A Microwave Oven
515 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: