Hi I have bought a router today but am unable to connect , the cable from computer to modem will not fit connection on rear of router it is entirly diffent connector normal USB connection computer end, modem end is more of a square shape
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Easy, if your modem is connected to your computer right now and internet is working all you need to do is connect your LAN line to your belkin router. the connection should say input, or Internet. after that you will need another LAN wire (These look like telephone cables but the jack plug is larger and will only fit a lan connection on your router or computer) Connect the second wire to the line 1 or outout 1 from your router, to your pc in the slot where the other cable was connected. your internet signal should work.... on your mobil find any available network and log in to your belkin router.
that should do it.... if you haven't set up your internet connection, do that first by installing the drivers for the modem provided by your provider and then complete the process above.
Hi kinobe. You have to check when you connect your computer to one of the ports on the back of the router you get a light on the front of the router. If you dont get anything on any port (even when you connect the modem to the internet/WAN port - that means that one "transistor" inside of the router it's bad. So you have to open it and fix it (but that's electronic repair and you need to have the proper skills and get the exact transistor). There's a posibility you can still connect to the router wirelessly because that's another circuit in the router but If you dont get signal from the modem to the router it's pointless so you have to replace the router. I hope this helps and don't forget to rate and write positive feedback
for our fast - free support today. Thank you :D
Make sure that your computer is able to go online through the modem. If your computer is not able to go online through the modem then you will need to call ISP first. If your computer is able to go online through the modem then you need to connect the computer to the router and the modem to the router. open the set up page of the router and change the settings of the router according to the ISP.
Check on your cables makes sure they are inserted properly and the cord should be free of kinks, scrapes or loose connections......Also check the back of your computer make sure your ethernet card (the one that has the green lights/LED's) is seated properly (not loose)....
Good Luck.....hope this helps...if not let us know....cheers
Hi Andrew i had the same prob all i did was to connect by hard wire 1st. Connect your modem ethernet cable to your router , then connect your router to your computer again with ethernet cable, When i did this nothing happend at 1st so i unplugged the modem (not router) leave for about 20 sec's then plug in your modem within about 10 secs i was up and running. I hope this helps
1. First of all connect your PC Directly with Modem & check if you're able to go online or not.
2. If No , then contact your ISP.
3. If yes ,Disconnect CAT5 cable coming out of Modem from PC & connect into WAN port (on rear panel you'll find it) of Linksys WRT300N Router , After that on rear panel you'll find small hole with a Reset button inside it. Use needle or pen to press it quiet hard for 1 minutes continuosly, This'll restore all default settings.
4. After that give static IP - 192.168.1.2 to your PC ,subnet mask 255.255.255.0 ,default gateway - 192.168.1.1 & connect your PC directly with a LAN port on the back side of Router.
5. After that type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your explorer & login window will come , type username = admin & leave password field blank, then you'll get Blue coloured Router configuration page, From this page you can configure your Router.
6.Now if your Internet connection is Cable then default setting will work for you, However for DSL connection ,on this page you'll find internet connection type - selectiondrop down box - select PPPoE into it for DSL connection.
7. After that restart your computer & you should be able to go online.
To setup your router first check.. Connect the Broadband modem to the computer using an Ethernet cable without the router installed and make sure that the Internet connection is active. If it is not, contact your Internet Service Provider. If it can go online, to setup connection.. Step 1: Connect the Broadband modem to the router’s WAN or Internet port. Step 2: Connect the computer to any available numbered port (1, 2, 3 or 4). NOTE: In this example, we’ll connect the computer to port number 3. Step 3: Make sure the power adapter is plugged to an available power outlet. Step 4: check if you are able to go online wired.. if not your router has to be configured first, to config your router i need some more information your internet service providers (isp)name , and how many computers do u have totally.. let me no know in case if you have any problems ...