Question about Akai CFT2490 24" TV
My tv isn't working because some how it locked down and on the screen it only shows a lock. the remote control doesn't work either. Nothing works, and the tv is only a couple months old. please help me.
I cant find out how to hook any of my dvd players to my akai ct2009.
Posted on Jan 07, 2011
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2015 | Televison & Video
Jun 08, 2013 | Akai CTD-1390 TV
•Stand within operating range of the
Insignia TV, then aim the remote at the TV's receiver and press the
"Lock" button on the remote control.
• Aim the remote at the TV and press the
channel buttons to make sure the TV is unlocked. When the TV is locked, it
shows a black screen and does not allow you to view anything else. If the
screen remains black, press the "Lock" button again. If this doesn't
work, change the batteries in the remote and start over at step .
Jan 08, 2013 | Insignia NSPDP50 50 in. HD-Ready Plasma TV
on the TV and grab the remote. In most cases, you will need the original remote
to unlock the TV if you aren't sure of the unlock code. If you don't have the
original remote, you will need to purchase one.
at the screen. If you see a blank screen with a red key on the bottom of the
screen, press 'Function' and 'Mute' at the same time. This should unlock the
channel. This is an option for people who want the TV to stay locked but, want
to be able to bypass the lock to watch a certain show or channel. All other
channels will remain locked and the TV will fully lock when it is turned off.
all of the channels on the TV by entering the factory reset code. There are
three main reset codes that TV manufacturers set. These are 0711, 6688 and
3308. Try each one until you find the one that works. This will reset the TV to
original factory settings. When you do this, you will loose any information
that you have stored in the TV, such as favorite channels, automatic timers and
the clock. You will have to go through the full initial set up.
the technical support service number in your owner's manual if none of those
codes work. A technician can help you troubleshoot the television because the
problem may not be the locking control. When you call, make sure that you have
the model number and serial number of the TV.
Take your television to a TV repair shop. In some cases, a professional who access to wiring diagrams for your television set may have to rewire certain components in order for the television to unlock. This is usually the case when the TV locks by itself while it is on.
Sep 13, 2012 | Jensen Q2749J 27" TV
1. Hold down the MENU button on the remote and VOLUME DOWN button on the TV it's self at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
2. Hold down the 0 (zero) button on the remote and the VOLUME DOWN button on the TV itself at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
3. Hold down the MENU button on the front of the TV and the TV button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds. 4- Hold down GO BACK button on the remote and MENU button on the front of the TV at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
Hold down EJECT button on the front of the TV set and the MENU button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds. Depending on the model, one of the methods should unlock the V-chip. Now, if desired, you can change the settings on the V-chip by going to the MENU and going to PARENTAL CONTROLS, or on some sets, going to MENU and then going to TV SETUP, then to V-CHIP SET.
One amoung the above process will surely unlock your RCA TV. OK.
Sep 20, 2011 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
·Stand within operating range of the Insignia TV, then aim the remote at the TV's receiver and press the "Lock" button on the remote control.
· Aim the remote at the TV and press the channel buttons to make sure the TV is unlocked. When the TV is locked, it shows a black screen and does not allow you to view anything else. If the screen remains black, press the "Lock" button again. If this doesn't work, change the batteries in the remote and start over at step
Sep 17, 2011 | Insignia NS- 27" TV27 TV
May 13, 2009 | Daewoo Televison & Video
Dec 05, 2008 | JVC HR-S9400 S-VHS VCR
144 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: