It looks like a smudge on the front glass of the oven door but looking closer it seems like something is behind the glass on the front of the oven door. Is there any way to remove glass to clean this????
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Connie, look inside to see if something metallic is in the oven, like aluminum foil. Sparks should not be present. Also remove the grate/shelf if there is one and check under the turntable for metallic pieces. Actually take the turntable out. Test using a glass of water. 1/2 min on high, water should get warm
I have a Kenmore with similar issues.
Anyway, good luck with this. Hope someone has an answer for you (and me).
Mine has a open slot on the top front of the door. Kinda like a double plate window execpt for the opening in front. Why is this there? I don't know. Weird design. But it leaves for the possibilty of liquid to splash in there leaving it hard to clean (like impossible).
I'm thinking I have to completely remove and disect the door.
Any water in between the glass and the door should evaporate eventually. I wouldn't advise trying to open any seams in the door or removing the glass to get the water out as that would permanently damage your microwave.
Your models manual talks about steam/water condensation that gets trapped between the door and the glass and what to expect:
The brown spots are usually grease / smoke deposits.
Usually there are indeed two sheets of glass in the door.
If the grease is not arcing or smoking, and the metal screen / mesh (that blocks microwave leakage) is not damaged, then it's likely better left alone.
It might be useful to boil a few cups of water with a little vinegar inside the microwave to help dissolve the deposits.
In case you want to take it apart, I have attached a photo from a similar model that illustrates disassembly of the door.
It is not necessary or advisable to remove the door or hinges when disassembling the door.