Cant restore acer netbook back to facotry settings did not do backup when purchased
Recovery procedure for Acer netbooks.
The Recovery disc will help you to restore the hard drive with the
original software content that was installed when you purchased your
notebook. Follow the steps below to rebuild your hard drive. Your drive
will be reformatted and all data will be erased. It is important to back
up all data files before you use this option.
1. Press the power button to turn the system on.
2. Select to boot from a USB optical drive. There are two ways
to do this:
2.1. Press <F2> during the Power-On Self-Test (when the Acer
logo is displayed onscreen after bootup) to enter BIOS Setup.
2.1.1. Select the Boot menu.
2.1.2. Refer to onscreen instructions to set the first device to any
bootable optical disc drive.
2.2. Press <F12> during the Power-On Self-Test (when the
Acer logo is displayed onscreen after bootup), and select the USB ODD
from the list that appears.
3. Ensure the Recovery disc is in an external (USB) optical disc
drive, and exit the boot selection menu, by selecting Exit Saving
Changes from the Exit menu or pressing <F10>, or by pressing
<Enter> as appropriate.
4. Select Exit Saving Changes from the Exit menu or press
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation
6. When you finish the recovery process, please remove the
Recovery disc and insert the System disc again.
7. Restart your computer.
Create a Recovery USB device
You will need a second computer with an ODD to complete this procedure.
1) Insert the Recovery CD into the optical drive. Plug in a
USB/flash drive with a minimum capacity of 1 GB.
2) Enter the BIOS setup and set the first boot device to the
ODD. Save the changes and exit.
3) Allow your computer to boot up.
4) From the list of options, select "install2usb".
5) You will see a list of available disks, select the USB drive
you plugged in.
6) Click the next button to complete the procedure.
7) Remove the USB ODD and USB/flash drive. You now have the
Recovery system stored in your USB/flash drive, for future use if
Apr 23, 2010 |
Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook