I still dont no how to conect my aol broad band to my eeepc .i have 3 comps in the house using the broadband connection but we cant get it on my eeepc it just keeps saying server not found .id be greatfull if you could instruct me on how to et my internet working on my eeepc .many thanks for your time.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If exactly the time period of terminating the connection is 30 minutes then this is the problem of your modem or connection setting check it and resolve it from network connection.
Another problem is that alter then plan of your connection use another broadband if the same problem persist then change your firewall setting or security(antivirus) again the problem persist dignose it and send to me.
Ive tried this configuration many times if you ask me people connected to huwaei post thes things stating certain modems are configurable under linux,in a decent way but in fact they just want you to buy a modem which will never configure on a day to day basis properly. i suspect this is a fraud to get you to pay£20--£49.99 for their dongles. The basic problem is the auto wizard under linux does not recognise their modems--proceed at your peril!
i had the same problem with my sisters eeepc so this is what i did
1. if u can: connect the eeepc to your router (internet box) using the Ethernet cable. the local area connection should then connect automatically if not connect through the network program on Linux.
2. if you are connected go to settings tab and then add or remove software
3. wait for the eeepc to find the new software (may take a bit of time), once it has found all new possible updates go to the settings tab in the add/remove software program and scroll down until you find Wireless update/patch or something similar.
4. click install and the ok, it will then dowload the new update (don't take long) and install it
5. once the update has completed it will ask you to reboot the eeepc do this and when you log back on click on the wireless network icon
6. find your SSID and enter any security and whatever
Have you changed the configuration settings of your network?
And have you updated your system? There is an update that deals with the difficulty of Eeepc connecting to WPA protected networks.
Also, my experience tells me that although the Eeepc detects the networks easily, it doesn't always connect and it is prone to blockages, that force us to recconnect. So I set my definitions manually on my Eeepc and everything runs smoothlier.
I found that sometimes I have to "disable" the wireless service, and then "re-enable" wireless before it will show available wireless connections.
After that, just use your normal connection settings - passwords, security type, etc.
As well, at times, if I use the "Wireless Connections" Icon in the "Internet" page to log in, I have to re-type the password in. If I use the "Network Connections" icon in the toolbar at bottom, it seems to remember my password and logs in faster.
AOL does not support Linux, so you cannot install their software. Did you tell them you had a Linux PC?
To help further you must explain what your 'network' is.
Do you have a wireless network or do you use ethernet cable?
You should be able to have internet access without needing AOL software.
Please give details of your network and equipment.