Question about Computers & Internet
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
I understand that you would like to extend the wireless coverage in your home with the DG834G. I would suggest you to configure DG834G as an access point to extend the coverage of your post office router using the below steps:
1. Connect a computer directly to DG834G on any of the four LAN ports.
2. Access the router's GUI by typing http://192.168.0.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
3. When prompted for Username and Password, please enter 'admin' for the Username and 'password' for Password.
4. Click on wireless settings in the left hand side menu Under Setup.
5. Change the network name SSID to some other name.
6. Select security options as 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)'.
7. Set the 'Authentication Type' as 'Automatic' and Set the 'Encryption Strength' as 64-bit.
8. In Key 1 type a 10 digit number.
9. Apply the settings.
Click on LAN IP setup from the left menu.
1. Change the IP address of the router from 192.168.0.1 to a free IP address in the range of the Post office router.
2. Also disable the DHCP of the router by unchecking the box for 'Use router as DHCP Server'.
3. Click apply and click ok for any popup message that arise.
4. Once the browser display some error message like CANNOT FIND SERVER, ACTION CANCELLED etc, turn off the router and restart the computer.
Now, connect the two router in the following way:
1.Connect Ethernet cable from the Lan port of the Post office router to the Lan port of the DG834G
2. Powercycle both the routers and your computer
3. You may connect other computers' directly to DG834G or wirelessly as per your requirement.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
Mar 12, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Router
Mar 02, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Router
Dec 19, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Sep 28, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Sep 16, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jun 23, 2008 | NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL...
Apr 07, 2008 | 3Com SuperStack 3 RAS 1500 Base Unit...
Feb 28, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jan 10, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Oct 29, 2007 | NetGear DG834G Router
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!