For some reason my labtop will not connect to our house's wi-fi. To make sure it wasnt either the internet or computer, I checked to see if it could get a wired connection. It can. It is picking up our signal and that of my neighbors across the street, however ever time I click on "Connect" it says something of "renewing IP address". Then an error box with IP address could not be renewed. I feel like there is no end. Any help would be appreciated!
Do one thing go to www.acer.com and download the empowering technology it is free and then your com will be connected to the net easily and remember one thing remain as close as posible to the wireless connection after that
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What brand of Latop acer , toshiba , compaq , dell ,???? Do you have a wireless modem ?
Turn on your computer and locate the
This could be located on the upper
row on a laptop it will have the radiation look (((·)))
Make sure its pressed on.
One of the features that makes laptop computers desirable is
their ability to connect to Wi-Fi networks, thus allowing people who are on the
go to be able to check email, browse the web or update social networking status
any time they are in a Wi-Fi hot spot.
Fortunately, enabling Wi-Fi on a laptop is simple to do.
Only basic Internet and computer expertise is needed to
connect your laptop to a wireless network.
Click on the "Start" menu on the bottom left-hand side of your
Then select "Control Panel."
When the "Control Panel" window opens, choose "Network
Click on the "Connect to a Network" link that is found underneath the
"Network and Sharing Center" heading.
A new window will open.
Choose "All" from the drop-down menu and click the
"Refresh" button on the right side of the window.
A list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear in the
Click on the Wi-Fi network you want to enable on your computer.
Then click on "Connect."
You have now enabled Wi-Fi on your laptop.
Click on your web browser of choice to browse
Turn on your computer and locate the Wi-Fi icon. This could be located on the upper row on a laptop it will have the radiation look (((•))) Make sure its pressed on. The internet connection is located in the system tray in the bottom-right corner of the screen. The icon looks like a series of rectangles that increase in from left to right. Right-click the Wi-Fi icon and select "Connect to a network." You will see a list of available wireless networks. Choose a Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and select "Connect." Enter the password into the password text box if a password is required. If a password is not required, you will automatically connect to the Wi-Fi network. Click "OK." Hope this helps.
1. Before you conect to the Wi-Fi, make sure that your computer has installed drivers for Wi-Fi. 2. Make sure that Wireless is already open or st-up. 3. Look for the Wi-Fi spot area or zone, if there's no Wi-Fi access on that area you may not connect to Wi-Fi.
There may be many reasons for this. Please check the following things one by one.
1. If you have another known good laptop then try it with your wi-fi router. See if the wi-fi router is able to connect to the internet
2. If you don't have another laptop then use an ethernet cable (RJ45) cable to connect to the wi-fi router. See if this helps.
3. While connected with the wi-fi router see if you can access the router. open any internet browser and type 192.168.0.0. you should get the router page. If you don't get then you have to configure the router first.
4. Check the internet settings of your browser. There will be "internet options" or similar in the menu of your browser. Click that. In the GUI you will get "connections" tab. Click that and select the proper wi-fi setup.
Most newer laptops have built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Older
versions may require a separate Wi-Fi card, which you can purchase at
most larger electronics retailers. Any chip or card that has been
certified for compliance with the Wi-Fi wireless LAN standard (IEE
802.11b) can be used. More and more PDAs and even cell phones are now
Wi-Fi enabled. A manufacturer or service provider can help you identify
Connecting is simple:
When in the McDonald's restaurant, just turn on
your computer (or PDA), select "Wayport_Access" from the available
wireless networks and open the Internet browser. You will be pointed to
the McDonald's splash page where you can select the CONNECT button.
if you have the same problems with usb then your problem lies outside the laptop. if your led does not light it is possible your laptop wasnt wired for wifi or your led is not working. Where you place the wifi card is there 2 wires 1 black and 1 white