I am using the usb on the front of my receiver and I get no sound from the rear speakers. They all work when playing the radio. Just had the system installed. Kenwood head unit. Infinity 5.25 component in the front and Harmon Karden stock woofers in the back.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Just a thought - the usb provides a digital signal which carries information about how the signal is to be processed; mono, stereo, surround sound stereo, etc.
If the mp3 music file was only recorded in 2 speaker stereo perhaps that is how it plays back.
Admittedly the radio signal is stereo and yet it plays on four speakers but unless it is a DAB radio it is analogue and maybe that makes a difference.
Perhaps there is an internal electronic fault with the digital processing part of the unit. I suggest reading the handbook again and then perhaps contacting the seller.
It looks only the U359 supports the iPod.
On page 7 of the manual where the USB connection is explained, only this number is mentioned.
The numbers are to the left of the front picture.
The manual is still online.
There are two ways you can use your ipod through your HU.
1. You can use the Aux port (located in the rear of your deck), which you will have to run AUX cable and connect it to the Ipod. Mind you this set up won't charge your ipod. Have to change the source to AUX for sound.
2. Through the USB cable that is included with the system connect your ipod (From the looks of things USB connection is also in the rear of the deck). Hit the Ipod button and that should be all she wrote.
If your car player has got provision for front and rear there is not issues. You can connect two speakers to the front and two to the rear. However if there is no connection you can connect the front right in parallel to the rear right and also the front left to the rear left.
If you want to use a tweeter use a bipolar capacitor of about 2.2mf / 50V in series with the tweeter to tbe connected to the left and right connections.