Question about HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
I find that your notebook is shipped with Operating System disk and Application and Driver recovery disk.
The steps to reinstall the OS using the OS disk are available in the link provided below :
Instructions about reinstalling preinstalled Applications and Drivers are provided in the link below :
Reinstalling the OS using Recovery manager if your Notebook is shipped with one.
1. Click Start.
2. Select "All Programs".
3. Select the "System Recovery" option.
4. Select the "PC Recovery" option.
5. This will open a new window with the options "Microsoft system restore" and "PC Recovery".
6. Select the "PC Recovery" option and Click next.
7. Now you see the Windows XP LOGO with Please wait...... message
8. Welcome to PC Recovery screen will appear Click OK
9. Click Next.
10.Then you can see the option " The PC Recovery was sucessfully completed Click Restart to restart the PC or Click Turn off to turn off the Notebook"
11. Click Restart.
Steps to Recover the Notebook from a set of Recovery Disks:
1. As soon as you boot the Notebook with the recovery Disks we can see the following 3 options:
i) Click R for Standard PC Recovery options
ii) Press 'F' to format the Hard Drive and reinstall the original factory settings (All data will be lost)
iii) Press Q to quit this menu
2. Press F.
3. Press Y.
4. Welcome to PC Recovery window will appear Click OK
5. The recovery process will be started and the process will prompt to insert the next recovery disk. Please insert the next recovery disk when prompted.
6. Please insert the recovery disk whenever prompted for and click oK.
7. The message "The PC Recovery is complete sucessfull" will appear.
8. Click Restart to restart the Notebook or Click Turn off to turn off the Notebook.
This will complete the recover process using the set of recovery disks
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2014 | IBM ThinkPad T40 2373 Notebook
Nov 13, 2012 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
Sep 13, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Turn off the camera.
Remove the battery pack.
Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
Allow the camera to remain without power for 60 seconds.
Reinsert the battery pack.
Turn on the camera.
The blurry image capturing can also adjusted by changing the ISO Settings or the Scene Selection modes.
Thanks for using FixYa!
Apr 07, 2011 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W190 Digital Camera
Oct 19, 2010 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
May 09, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 13, 2009 | Insignia NS-LCD26-09 26 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jul 16, 2009 | Computers & Internet
782 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!