I'm almost positive that they never come traffic ready. My Magellan came in the mail today, and the box had the registration code/directions on activating the live traffic.
To retrieve the Subscription Code you should use a 20 Digit Coupon Code which is found towards the bottom of the 8 X 11 sheet of paper included in the box of your GPS that is titled "Magellan TrafficKit Service Activation".
The Subscription Code can be retrieved by following the below mentioned Steps:
- In a browser window, navigate to www.magellangps.com
- Under the "Products" option select "Magellan Traffic Service".
- Under "Traffic Subscription Services" click "Redeem a Subscription Coupon" Note: You can Purchase/Renew Subscription if the free subscription has expired by Clicking "Purchase a Traffic Subscription/ Renew a Traffic Subscription"
- Select the product model from the list provided
- Type your Email Address & Password to login to the Magellan Note: If you dont have a user account, Select "Click here to create an account"
- Click the option "Select" corresponding to the correct Product Serial Number
- Click the "Yes" tab to confirm the Serial Number
- Enter the Coupon Code provided in the box and click "Retrieve Subscription Code"
- Write down the Subscription Code to use it in the GPS for activation