Last night, without any warning, my iPhone touch screen stopped working. I cannot even access the menu. I can't unlock it. I can't answer phone calls or receive texts. I've tried resetting it and restoring it, but neither work. I can't get through on the Apple hot line and their online service page wants to charge me at least $30 to help me.
Re: My iPhone touch screen is not responding at all
It sounds like a hardware problem, not software. I would try calling 1800myiphone(180069474663). Yes that is one digit more than normal but it is a specific iphone help line. I've had to use it before.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Have you tried doing a hard shut down? Hold the silver button down on the upper right corner and also the home button (center,bottom indented button) together for about 10 seconds. the phone will completly shut off. then wait about 10 seconds and hold down the upper right hand button until the apple appears on the phone then release the button and wait (20-30seconds) . Doing this usually solves all my issues with my iphone when it gets locked up like this.
my ipod touch (16gb) did the same thing.
it has a large crack in the screen though. someone pushed me, and it fell out of my hands. for awhile it worked perfectly.. until it got froze onm that screen as well.
Can I ask if you have the following issues:
- Power button will not lock screen
- When resetting the phone you see the apple logo for a few seconds then it resets again and goes into a loop
- iPhone will turn boot when connected to a computer
- when it boots up, the slide to power off screen appears
- no amount of restoring fixes the issue
If so, then your issue is the power button is sticking. I fixed this last night by opening up the iPhone and cleaning out the Power button.
At times, Touch screen does not respond and phone cannot be unlocked by no means, Problem do not get solved even after restarting phone, removing battery & reinserting etc.. This happend typically during nights when the phone is not used and in the morning, touch screen does not respond to do any activities. after installing a software i had a hard reset, after that my tuch screen did not work.please help meeeeeeeeeeee ! !
Upon installing this God-forsaken Kate application last night while
lying down in bed, I realized that my touch screen wouldn't respond in
all programs other than the home screen.
Holy ****. My iPhone died.
Long story short, I came here, saw your thread, and was about to post
another "My iPhone died, plz help omgz" thread but I actually fixed the
problem. Here we go:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer, preferably removing the Dock so you can actually hold the phone comfortably.
2. Get on your home screen and find the Kate application icon.
3. Click and HOLD this icon until all icons begin squiggling around the screen.
4. Hopefully your "Kate" icon has an "X" on the top left corner of it,
which is there to delete or uninstall the application. Click this.
5. Kate will ask you if you would like to uninstall or delete...go
ahead and click Uninstall, then it will give you a set of instructions
on how to uninstall, and also a 2nd uninstall button you'll have to
6. Leave your iPhone plugged in and on this last menu, and just set it
down on the table. After a minute or two, my phone randomly synced
again with my computer, and the phone was back to normal again.
Pay attention here...if you uninstall the program through installer
WITHOUT unchecking all of Kate's settings through the program itself,
your phone will still be messed up as far as fonts and other things go.
Hope this helps, and I'll be around to answer any questions.