Get your instruction manual or find the instruction manual online... there are 2 plastic screws on the back at the base of the unit, unscrew them. Then pull the silver front plate (on the silver base) away from the tv unit(it is attached with magnents). there's the bulb unit.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most of the headlights do not unbolt to change bulbs. If it's a blown bulb you're trying to replace, look on the back side of the headlight housing. There should be a plug with wires attached going into the back. This plug should twist either to the right,left or up or down. Once you've twisted this plug out of the headlight housing you'll see the bulb you need to replace. Unplug the wire harness from the blown bulb and place it into the new bulb, being careful not to touch the new bulb with your bare hands as any oil or other contamination will cause these bulbs to blow as soon as they are turned on. Place the new bulb with harness back into the socket in headlight housing and twist into position.
Check out the following:
It's not easy. You need a flashlight. First, take the batter vent assembly off by removing the screw over the headlamp assembly. Open the battery box by snapping off the tabs, lift out, and move the vent to the side. Second, disconnect the headlight wire by pressing down on the opposing tabs located on the side of the connector and pull straight back. Move the wire to the side. Next, peel the rubber fitting around the bulb (located on the back of the headlamp assembly). Look inside the headlamp assembly with a flashlight to see what you got yourself into. You'll have to unhook the retainer wire that holds the bulb in place. This requires you to push the top part of the wire toward the front of the car and lift up. The wire should swing to the left (passenger side) releasing the bulb and bulb housing. Pull the old bulb out of the housing (it might be tight), replace with the new one (try not to touch the glass). Replace the bulb/housing. Make sure the little tap fits back into its slot (upper diver side). Push the wire clamp back over the bulb, pushing up back and down making sure it's hooked and your done. It seems easy once you've done it. Good luck!EJ Kudelka
See note below for passenger side. Remove the dust cover on the back of
the head light assembly (black round rubber cover about 3" in diameter,
just pull it off), disconnect the plug on the bulb, turn the bulb
a 1/8 turn and pull it out. Then reverse the process for assembly.
***NOTE***If you are trying to replace one of the bulbs on the
passenger side, remove the air filter housing cover and displace the
filter for access to the dust covers on the back of the head light. 2
screws hold the air filter housing cover on, one directly behind it and
one on the side (drivers side of air filter housing).
To change the bulbs all you have to do is put a flat blade screw driver
on the right side of the bulb housing and gently push to the left (towards the driver's side). This
will release the catch holding it in and it will drop out and down on
the end of its wiring connector. Twist the bulb counter clockwise to release it. Replace
the bulb and just put the housing back into the opening left side
first, then just push up on the right side till you hear a click.
1. Remove headlight housing. A.Open Hood and pull the release lever at the back of the housing. The headlight housing slides in and out of the body in tracks. B.Pull out the headlight housing far enough to disconnect the electric connectors, then slide the housing completely out. 2. Remove the retaining clip to remove the upper (low beam) or lower (high beam) bulb from the holder from the back of the housing unit. Remove the old bulb(s). 3. Do not touch the bulb with your bare hands! Wear clean gloves or hold with a clean paper towel. Fingerprints on the bulb will cause the bulb to burn out or explode!. Insert the new bulb. 4. Replace the retaining clips and insert the housing back into the tracks and into the body. Plug the electric connectors in and insert the housing completely. 5. Reposition the release lever to the original position being careful not to break the plasic lever. 6. Check your lights for operation.
The headlight housing must be removed to access the bulbs on the back of the housing.HOWEVER!!! you must take loose the bumper on the side you are replacing.To do this you also have to take loose the inner finder and turn you wheel sharply in the opposite direction of the bulb to be replaced.There is a 10mm nut you will have to remove inside as well as multiple plastic fasteners along the inner finder and across the front under the hood.Bulb just twist out to remove once the housing is removed.Also, resist the urge to use a very large hammer.Use caution when pulling the plastic bumper out where the 10mm nut was removed, the stud can easily scratch the paint while working the housing out of its socket.
Thank you for sharing the information on the light bulb. You just saved me money from having to take my 2003 Trailblazer in to have the low beam bulb replaced. I did exactly what you said.
1 Open hood and lock.
2. Take filter cover off (4 screws and they stay with the filter).
3. 3 inch cover pulls off.
4. Twist light bulb 1/8 turn.
5. Unclip the wiring harness to light bulb assembly.
6. Test by turning light switch on.
7. Align assembly with light housing and turn 1/8 until it snaps in.
8. Put 3 inch cover back on.
9. Place filter cover back on and hand tight the 4 screws.
10. Close hood.