Question about Samsung Projection Televisions
Try going into the menu format setting (4.3 or 16.9 or auto) and change setting from auto to 16,9 and store setting.
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
I the same problem and I found that the Capacitors used on the power supply portion of the circuit board were leaking and/or bulging. These parts were failing and as a result the problem worsened with time. If you are able to remove and solder new parts on to the circuit board follow the following procedures. Or get a technician to do the repairs.
1) Make note of connections at back of TV.
2) Unplug power cord and other connectors from back of TV.
3) Remove back of TV with a Phillips (+) star shaped screw driver.
4) Note the position of all connections to the main board.
5) Remove circuit board taking care not to damage any of the components.
6) Locate parts CM806, 811, 812 & 817, all 1000 uf 10v capacitors.
7) Remove and replace parts with capacitors of equal physical size that are (1000 uf ). I would recommend a voltage rating of 25v or 32v. Note that the voltage refers to the amount of voltage the capacitor can handle. The higher the better.
8) Reinstall and reconnect the circuit board.
9) Replace back on TV and setup the unit as before and you’re done.
I replaced the parts for just under $10.00.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
SOURCE: how to program tv without remote
Some TVs have a set of buttons behind a door or panel on the front that will give you access to menu, arrow keys, etc. You should be able to use those to make the changes you need.
Posted on May 20, 2009
I know on the plasma TV's it was a matter of updating or downloading and re-installing the firmware/software for the TV to fix the issue. Go to the following page and if the model you have is indeed a 42PF7421D/37 download the software on the page. Make sure you follow the installation instructions to update the software otherwise the set will become a 150 lb paper weight.
&scy=US&slg=AEN&sct=LCD_TV_SU&cat=TV_CA&grp=SOUND_AND_VISION_GR&session=20091111140139_126.96.36.199&ctn=42PF7421D/37&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software">Philips Support Page
Posted on Nov 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2010 | Samsung HL-P5063W 50" Rear Projection HDTV
Nov 11, 2009 | Projection Televisions
Sep 20, 2009 | Samsung HLN437W 43" Rear Projection HDTV
Jul 24, 2008 | Projection Televisions
May 29, 2008 | Samsung Projection Televisions
May 14, 2008 | Projection Televisions
May 11, 2008 | Projection Televisions
Mar 08, 2008 | Projection Televisions
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: