Partner, all releases.
Receptionist Call Routing
. If you want calls to be
answered by the receptionist first, set the lines at the receptionist’s
extension to Immediate Ring and the lines at the users’ extensions to
No Ring. (This is the factory setting)
. If you want all calls on a
line to ring directly at users’ extensions -with the receptionist
providing backup -set the line at the users’ extensions to Immediate
Ring. Then set the line (or lines) at the receptionist’s extension to
Delayed Ring. An incoming call that is not answered by a user within 20
seconds will also ring at the receptionist’s extension.
To change the way outside lines or pools ring at an extension:
- Press [ Feature ] [ 0 ] [ 0 ] [ System Program ] [ System Program ] [ Central Tel Program ].
- Enter the number of the extension to be programmed for Line
Ringing. The green lights next to the line or pool buttons on the phone
show the current Line Ringing settings for all lines assigned to the
extension. (If a line is not assigned to a button, the green light next
to the button is off.) The following ringing options can be shown by
the green light next to the line button.
- Immediate Ring - on steady
- Delayed Ring - flashes slowly
- No Ring - flutters quickly
- To change Line Ringing for any line, press the line or pool button
until the button light shows the correct setting (the setting for the
currently selected line or pool also appears on the display).
- Continue programming or exit programming mode.