Question about D-Link DIR-815 Xtreme N Wireless 802.11N Simultaneous Dual Band Router With 4 Port Gigabit Switch
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
open internet explorer, go to tools, internet options, then the connections tab and make sure ' never dial a connection' is ticked, assuming you had a dial up connection before using the router, other than that you need to check the routers settings, like the password /username for your ISP connection and assuming you originally set it up using an RJ45 lan cable (supplied) before using the wireless.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
Well what everybody really doesnt know is that if Qwest provided you with a modem named Actiontech that modem has the same ip address of router so just change routers ip address to 172.16.0.1 and subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 and the problem should be solved.Im a product specialist for dlink.
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
Yes, if the other isp is also providing dsl services, but you will have to configure the device the other isp will not help you with that.
but its really not that difficult.
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
if you have any query please feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Sep 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2014 | Actiontec M1000 Dsl Wifi Modem In Box W/...
Mar 06, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Jan 27, 2011 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Nov 10, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Jul 20, 2009 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Feb 04, 2009 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
Dec 30, 2008 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Aug 27, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-614+ Wireless Router
Jul 03, 2008 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
May 26, 2017 | D-Link DIR-815 Xtreme N Wireless 802.11N...
357 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: