Question about Sport & Outdoor - Others
Have you tried checking the stove generator? Stove generator is the gas pipe that connects the fuel tank to the burner. It's often contributes to such problem. Here are some steps that you may apply to correct the problem.
1. Try to light the stove then watch for the reaction. Make sure to pressurize the stove before trying to light it, but release the pressure when taking apart any of the stove components.
2. If the stove does not light and no air sounds coming from the generator, then the generator may be clogged. Turn the knob clockwise until it stops to clean the tip of the generator. This procedure pushes a needle through the tip of the generator and clear any blockage.
3. Now if the stove will not light and there are air sounds coming from the generator, the generator may not be securely attached to the burner. You can use an appropriate sized wrench and a screw driver, unscrew the bolt and screws that secured the generator in place. Replace and remove the generator, make sure that the tip will fit securely and both mounting tabs are aligned.
4. Remove the generator and examine it. Check the tip for breaks that may prevent a seal. If you noticed that the tip is broken or seal is poor, you can use a lip balm to create a temporary seal in an emergency situations.
5. Replace the generator by unscrewing the bolt and screws from the old generator, then insert a new one.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 11, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 20, 2014 | Coleman Gas Grill Stove
Apr 14, 2014 | Coleman 2 Burner Propane Stove 5430E700
Jun 21, 2010 | Coleman Hot Water On Demand
Sep 29, 2009 | Coleman Instastart Propane Oven
Sep 11, 2009 | Coleman Grilling
Jun 10, 2009 | Coleman Propane Grill Stove 9921-700
Aug 19, 2008 | Coleman Gas Grill Stove
Jun 26, 2008 | Grilling
141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!