Question about Harman Kardon Audio Players & Recorders
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Usually when the unit runs for a while before shutting down there are two possibilities:
1) There is a small amount of DC current present that effectively heats up the speaker coils enough to cause a temporary short circuit that kicks in the protect circuit.
2) The output transistors or bias transistors are sensitive to heat and breaking down again causing the protect circuit to kick in.
A few experiments to try:
1) Does the time to shutdown change depending upon the volume level?
2) Is there any background noise coming from the speakers? Listen to a blank tape for example. Is there a hum or any other noise that you would not normally expect?
3) If you have a DC voltmeter, check for any voltage between the speaker lines.
Update this and we'll try to narrow this down.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
It will only display via component. Your HDMI firmware is either 1.1 or 1.2 and has HDCP issues (High Definition Copyright Protection) it's a firmware problem that has been fixed on all new receivers, not just a HK issue, all receivers! the new version 1.3a and 1.3b have fixed the issue. Unfortunately you cannot update the firmware on the receiver. Hope this explains it for you, sorry! Lot's of angry people out there!!! myself included.
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
SOURCE: HK AVR-247 protect mode
This is an indication of an internal problem. Typically this is shorted output transistors. Expect a parts cost in the $25-$40 range for this repair.
Posted on Apr 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2017 | Harman Kardon Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 02, 2012 | Harman Kardon AVR 2600
Feb 09, 2011 | Harman Kardon AVR 500 Receiver
Dec 01, 2009 | Harman Kardon AVR 130 Receiver
Nov 12, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jun 27, 2009 | Harman Kardon AVR 235 Receiver
Dec 27, 2008 | Harman Kardon AVR 130 Receiver
Dec 08, 2008 | Harman Kardon AVR 235 Receiver
Jun 04, 2007 | Harman Kardon AVR 55 Receiver
Aug 30, 2017 | Harman Kardon Audio Players & Recorders
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert