Question about Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
There are no officially supported Windows 7 drivers for the Acer Aspire 5570 notebook. However, the Vista drivers should work just fine.
If you don't know whether you have 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 7, then please follow these steps.
1. Press Win+R to open the Run command.
2. Type "MSINFO32" into the dialog box and press enter.
3. Look for item "System Type" and note whether the value is x64 or x86. (x86 means you have a 32 bit OS)
Regardless of whether you have 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7 follow these instructions:
1. Go ahead and download 32 bit Windows Vista drivers by following the link: Acer Aspire 5570 Audio Drivers
2. Save file to the Desktop for easy access.
3. Extract ZIP file to Desktop.
4. Open the extracted folder.
5. Right click on the file "Setup" and select "Properties".
6. Select the Compatibility tab and check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)". Click OK.
7. Double click the "Setup" file to run the installer. If the installer completes, then restart the computer and play a music file to see if you have sound.
If the installer fails, then follow the next set of directions:
1. Press Win+R to open Run command.
2. Type "DEVMGMT.MSC" and press enter.
3. Look for a device that has a yellow exclamation point next to it. If you have more than one, look for a device that says "Multimedia Audio Controller".
4. Right click on the device that has a yellow exclamation point next to it and select Properties.
5. Click the Driver tab and select Update Driver.
6. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
7. Select "Browse...".
8. Browse to the extracted folder and select the "Vista" folder if you have the 32 bit version of Windows. If you have the 64 bit version of Windows, then select the "Vista64" folder. If Windows tells you there are no compatible drivers after step 9, then select the WDM folder and repeat step 9.
9. Click OK and then click Next.
10. Ignore all errors that Windows may give you and install the driver, restart the computer, and try to play a music file.
Good luck, post back if you have any difficulties, and thanks for using FixYa,
Posted on Apr 10, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jul 23, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Aug 20, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 21, 2011 | Intel DG41RQ Motherboard & Core 2 Duo...
Dec 24, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 21, 2010 | Panasonic Computers & Internet
Dec 14, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 31, 2009 | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit...
Jun 11, 2009 | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1...
151 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: