Question about Lenovo G550-29583AU Notebook
Posted by Anonymous on
Yes, you do need to reinstall your audio driver and here's how to get the driver and install it:
1. Go to www.consumersupport.lenovo.com
Note: If it's your first time, it will ask for your country or region. Please select the country/region where you are located.
2. You can either do Option 1: Enter a serial number. You can find your serial number at the bottom on a Lenovo sticker and it will say S/N which usually starts with EB followed by 8 digit number
3. Or Option 2: Select a product. For Brand, select Notebooks. For Family, select Ideapad S12. For Type, just select All types.
4. Click Search and you will have the list of drivers for your system. Scroll it down to Audio and select the proper one.
5. To know which one is the correct driver, look at the applicable OS. For example, your OS is windows xp then select the 5th driver on the list.
6. Click on the driver and it will bring you to the next page.
7. Look for the Download Here and click on the exe file
i have the lenovo s12 - avf110686_2.gif"http://i.fixya.net/uploads/images/avf110686_2.gif" alt="avf110686_2.gif" class="h_mi" />
8. You will get a pop-up for License Agreement soi have the lenovo s12 - avf110686_3.gifee
9. Then it will give another pop-up to either run or save the file.
10. Continue on installation, click Yes to all top overwrite existing file.
11. Restart the computer once finished.
Note If your audio still does not work or if volume buttons still gives a warning. You may call Lenovo Warranty Support at 1-877-453-6686.
Thank you for using Fixya,
Posted on Apr 13, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 19, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
have you tried this control panel sounds and audio,volume,advanced,speakers select the appropriate speakers from the drop down list or navigate to the device manager scroll to system devices + to expand,system speaker right click properties then select use this device (enable)
hope this helps
Jan 31, 2011 | Lenovo ThinkPad R61i Notebook
Nov 26, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Oct 31, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
Jun 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 06, 2010 | Acer Aspire 55345410 Notebook
Jan 07, 2010 | Compaq Audio card Sound Card
Jan 06, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad R50e Notebook
Jan 08, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1000 Notebook
452 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: