This could be caused by malware
, evil software, that has been downloaded onto your computer over time while you have been online
. Do you use any anti-virus software? Before you say, "Yes, of course!", let me say that many of the programs avaliable
are actually themselves malware
. Also, an out of date anti-virus that came with your computer but was never updated is doing you no good. You need to use something reputable, but that does not mean it has to cost money.
is your problem, you need to take action now. It will take a long time to download and install one of these products because they are all offered online
. Either of these are good choices:
Product: It is:
Avast free Antiviurs
- Download the antivirus product, making sure to choose the free version.
- Install, and uncheck any boxes offering to make something your default browser or to add something to your toolbar if it comes up.
- When the antivirus finishes installing, it should make an initial run on your computer. If it doesn't update automatically, click the update button.
- Let the program or instruct the program to scan your computer. This might take some time, possibly even hours. I suggest you just let the antivirus work.
- When it is done, there may be a list of problems. Quarantine any it suggests, and let the program permanently delete the rest.
- Both programs will continue to automatically update and make periodic scans on your computer.
- Annually there is usually a bigger update that you will have to download and install.
Both of these programs are powerful enough that they found viruses on my removable drive that the virus checker at work missed.
I hope this helps you!