Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
When you turn on the game it say not correct hard drive, and it wont start
1) Have you tried reseating the hard drive?
2) Stand the ps3 on it's wide base, with the touch sensitive buttons facing you
3) Open the plastic cover on the left face of the machine (the narrow base when the machine is standing vertically)
4) You should see the HDD cradle and a blue screw which holds the HDD in place.
5) Remove the blue screw
6) lift up the metal u shaped tag, so it points towards you
7) Slide the HDD sideways by gripping the tag
8) Reverse the procedure to reseat the HDD.
If you are lucky this might work!
If not you could try replacing the HDD with a new one.
Posted on Aug 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 03, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 25, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 17, 2010 | Sony PlayStation® 3 (80GB) Console
Mar 06, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 23, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 06, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!