The green power light has out, but both the ink and paper jam lights are flashin, there was no notice except for it saying that there was an error. I have turned the printer off, disabled all of the cables and replaced them, and tried to refill the ink but the thing is stuck all the way to the right and won't move out of there so that I can replace it... any idea what to do??
I posted this solution before - same problem...the print cartridge 'door' on the top is not closed all the way. This will cause the green light to be off and the other 2 red lights to flash. When turned on, you can hear the carriage 'attempt' to move from the bay, stops, then the lights start flashing. Just turn it off, open the cover, push down on the print cartridge cover until it clicks...there is some play in it, don't worry - that is normal. Turn it back on. Worked for me a couple of times - that clasp comes loose every once in a while...
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: both lights on my epsom c88 are flashing..
If you already checked (while the printer is disconnected from the computer) for any obstructions inside and powercycle'd the printer and still having that light pattern, sad to say it's experiencing an internal error (the logic board that controls everything is malfunctioning).
Warranty starts from the Date Of Purchase, call the manufacturers tech support immediately.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
2 times - No paper (ASF)  * No paper in the cassette 
3 times - Paper jam  * Paper jam in the rear guide  * Paper jam in the under guide  * Front door closed 
4 times - No ink  * Ink tank not installed 
5 times - The print head is not installed  * Print head temperature sensor  * Faulty EEPROM data of the print head 
6 times - Inner cover open  * Inner cover open (while printing)  * Inner cover open (printing continuous) ; (printing not continuous) 
7 times - Multiple ink tanks of the same color installed  * Ink tank in wrong position 
8 times - Warning: The waste ink absorber becomes almost full 
9 times - The digital/video camera does not support Camera Direct Printing 
10 times - Automatic duplex printing cannot be performed (paper size not supported) 
11 times - Failed in automatic print head alignment 
13 times - The remaining ink amount unknown 
14 times - Ink tank not recognized 
15 times - Ink tank not recognized [1410 to 1419] * No Blinking Access cover open 
16 times - Valve sensor [6C00]
ORANGE / GREEN FLASHES
2 times - Carriage  3 times - Line feed  4 times - Purge cam sensor [5C00] 5 times - ASF (cam) sensor  6 times - Internal temperature  7 times - Waste ink absorber full [5B00] 8 times - Print head temperature rise  9 times - EEPROM  11 times - Carriage lift mechanism  12 times - AP position [6A00] 13 times - Paper feed position [6B00] 14 times - Paper feed cam sensor [6B10] 15 times - USB Host VBUS overcurrent  17 times - Motor driver [6D00] 18 times - NIC Board  19 times - Ink tank position sensor  20 times - Other hardware  * Alt. Blinking ROM * Light in Orange RAM
SERVICE MODE This printer has a service mode for service-related settings and for performing test prints. The operator panel buttons are used to enter the desired service mode.
Service Mode Operations 1. With the printer powered off, hold down the Resume/Cancel button and press the Power button. 2. While holding down the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button and press the Resume/Cancel button twice in succession. Now release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. 3. Select one of the following service mode functions by pressing the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of times.
Count Indicator Functions • 0 times Green Print head not installed, carriage returns and locks in home position • 1 time Orange Service test print • 2 times Green EEPROM information print • 3 times Orange EEPROM initialization • 4 times Green Waste ink counter setting • 5 times Orange Destination setting • 6 times Green Print head deep cleaning • 7 times Orange LF correction • 14 times Green Left margin correction
Execute the selected function (except for model setting) by pressing the Power button. The printer will switch itself off after performing the function.
Error 5C10 means a paper jam or the printer has
encountered an internal error. And error 6A00 is
caused due a paper jam in the sheet feed unit or near the print head. You can also reset the printer to resolve
this issue. On the printer press and hold the ON/OFF button or unplug the power
cord. Wait for 10 seconds, press power button ON/OFF button again. If this
doesn't resolve the error code then unplug the printer for 10 minutes. Also,
inspect the back panel of the printer for any paper jams. To clear the paper
Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord
and USB cable. Remove the jammed paper slowly using the following procedure.
Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed. Pull out the cassette and
check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area. Stand the printer with
the rear side down, holding the document cover. Press the tabs together and
pull the green cover toward you. Check if the paper is jammed. (If you were not
doing Duplex printing, you do not have to follow this procedure.) Close the
green cover and place the printer back to a normal position. Reconnect the
power cord and power on the printer. Confirm the Alarm light is off. Load paper
back into the ASF or cassette. Press to clear the message and continue
printing. If you are printing from application software, follow the
instructions displayed on your computer. Hope this helps... Please post back if
you need more information.
How to clear Error Code Canon printers MP150 MP160 CANNON Printers MP150/MP160 ERROR CODE
E2-2 No paper (ASF) E3-3 Paper jam E4 No ink E5-5 The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed , or the ink cartridges are not installed properly E8 Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full
E9 The connected digital camera / video camera does not support Camera Direct Printing E14 The Ink cartridges whose destination are wrong E15 Ink cartridge is not installed E16 - Ink remaining is unknown E16 -E19 Failed to scan head alignment sheet E22 Carriage error E23 Paper feed error E24 Purge unit error E25 ASF(cam) sensor error E26 Internal temperature rise error E27 Waste ink absorber full or platen waste ink absorber full E28 Ink cartridge temperature rise error - E29 EEPROM error E33 Paper feed position error E35 15 USB Host VBUD overcurrent error - USB E37 17 Abnormal motor driver error E40 20 Other hardware error E42 22 Scanner error
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button. 2) When the Power LED is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button. 3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection) 4) When the LED lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.) The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off 1 time Orange Service pattern print 2 times Green EEPROM print 3 times Orange EEPROM reset 4 times Green Waste ink counter reset See waste ink counter reset procedures below. 5 times Orange Destination setting See Destination setting procedures below. 6 times Green Print head deep cleaning 11 times Orange Button / LCD checking 12 or more times Returns to a menu selection
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
Sorry the manual doesn't help much either... this is what it says, "POWER lamp flashes alternate green and orange Turn the printer off and unplug
the printer from the power supply. Plug the printer back in and turn the printer
back on. If the problem remains, contact
a Canon service representative."
You could try the following reset code which works when reseting after emptying the waste ink tank:
Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume
button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH
buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume
button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should
turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal.