Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Control panel has no power and breaker is not tripped

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 6,771 Answers

The main fuse in the microwave oven has blown, this is a ceramic type with a white body and silver ends located near the high voltage capacitor. Sometimes the fuse will blow after few years, but generally it is caused by a defective door switch.

Posted on Apr 10, 2011

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

GE microwave (Model JE2160SF03) trips breaker when door opened


Remove the control panel, take pictures of the door switch wiring while they are still connected to the door switches, then remove the door switch assembly. Have someone at the appliance store check each switch and repair the ones that are defective.

I purchased a switch for $7, reinstalled the door switch assembly and the microwave is working fine now.

Jul 02, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

GE Spacemaker XL 1800 Microwave. After removing heated food, I closed the door and the microwave sounded like it was powering up again. However, no internal light came on as it does when the unit is...


Be sure to keep this oven unplugged or the door open until it is fixed. If it runs by itself, this is a fire hazard.

First listen carefully for a buzzing sound behind the control panel when the door is shut.

If it's present, chances are you have a failing capacitor on the control panel assembly, which can be repaired for $39.95 in most cases. Details are here.

If that or a louder buzzing is only present when you have the door closed, then the oven is cooking when it's not supposed to, but the cooling fan is not on, and it is overheating and tripping the breaker.

That would be due to a shorted cook relay on the control board. That can also be repaired with our $39.95 service.

The odd characters on the display concern me separately. This could mean you have a noisy or otherwise failing magnetron.

If the display is fine when you're cooking properly with it, then the magnetron is probably okay.

At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

microwavesvc_37.jpg

Apr 28, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Hotpoint 1 and one-half yrs old stopped working


Ck and make sure the circuit breaker on the power panel on the house hasn't tripped.. If your microwave is within 6' of the kitchen sink, ck for a tripped GFCI controlling the power the microwave is plugged into. Good Luck, Ned

Sep 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Microwave / Frigidare PLMV


Chek the high voltage capacitor and the diode . If one of them are short there is a chance for tripping the breaker

May 25, 2009 | Frigidaire PLMV168 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Kenmore microwave model 665.61629100


20amp fuse above the control panel.. but behind the vent grill..

Jan 16, 2009 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

LG LRM2060ST trips circuit breaker sometimes


needs to have circuit of its own rated @ 20 amps powered by # 12-2-wg wire , also very good idea to plug into a good surge protector to protect its control board, as any computer the boards are very susceptible to spike voltage caused by lightning and power problems , as to how it worked before , breakers vary a little in the amount of current it takes to trip them with age , the number of time they have to be reset and heat they have been subjected to over a period of time so it is not unusual for say one 20 amp breaker to trip @ 16 and another @19 for example also the length of wire between the breaker and the appliance can effect the trip range

Jan 13, 2009 | LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Roper Microwave (mhe14xmq dec. 2003) trips breaker...


you might have to reset your your power settings on the micro.

Sep 21, 2008 | Roper MHE14XKB Microwave Oven

3 Answers

No power from Whirlpool.


IF YOU HAVE THE MICRWAVE PLUGGED IN AND THE CIRCUIT BREAKER TRIPS IMMEDIATELY WHEN SET,
CHECK THE DOOR HOOKS THAT TRIP THE DOOR SWITCHES. BOTH SHOULD BE SPRING LOADED. THERE SHOULD BE TWO HOOKS ON THE DOOR. IF O.K., CHECK THE DOOR SWITCHES. THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE. IF ONE OF THEM IS SHORTED CLOSED,
THE MONITOR SWITCH WILL CAUSE A DEAD SHORT ACROSS THE FUSE. THE FUSE MAY BE HOLDING BETTER THAN YOUR CIRCUIT BREAKER.

Mar 21, 2008 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Stove lights


We see this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.

This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.

This can often also affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inoperable or stuck on too.

Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 13, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

No power


The door switches are designed to prevent the unit from running while the door is open. You probably have a blown fuse, and it's a white or dark grey ceramic fuse of 15A or 20A, available from local big box stores or appliance parts stores. The fuse is usually located on the floor of the chassis behind the control panel, or mounted in the same area as the door switches. Also, I'm really curious how the door switch got stuck while cleaning? That sounds scary...

Nov 13, 2006 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

33 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...