Question about Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: thread wont overlock
When the thread breaks too often, try these, that goes for all sewing machines
1. Replace the needles,
2. Loosen slightly the tension of the needle threads.
3. The top threads are to thin,
4.The sewing (rotary) hook or looper, has burs,
5. Wrong threading
Posted on May 28, 2008
Solution taken from "Handbook for Huskylock Sewing Machine Models 1001L/1000L/1000"
1. Raise the presser foot by using presser foot lever. When the presser foot is raised, the two thread tension discs in the thread tension control panel are released so that thread passes freely between them. Otherwise thread tension may not be correct.
Important! When threading the needle, always be sure to lift the presser foot lever, and also take care to thread in the proper order.
1. Upper looper thread (green)
2. Lower looper thread (blue)
3. Double chain stitch looper thread (purple) in case of 5 thread stitch or double chain stitch
4. Right needle thread (red)
5. Left needle thread or double chain needle thread (yellow)
Because the left thread tension dial (yellow) is used for either the left needle or the double chain stitch needle, these needles will never be used at the same time.
Upper looper (green) sequence:
1. Thread holder (silver triangle openings attached to thread holder stand)
2. Thread guide (flat silver clips just behind thread tension disc)
3. Thread tension disc (circular knobs with numbers for tension setting)
4. Pull thread around upper looper guide and upper looper
5. Pull thread into hole of upper looper
Lower looper (blue)
Repeat 1, 2, 3.
4. Pull thread around guide (see color coded chart inside front serger cover).
Easy threading mechanism (for lower looper)
1. Pull out the lower looper threading lever
2. Thread the lower looper and position the thread on hook of the lower looper
3. Push the lower looper threading lever back to its basic position while
holding the end of the thread.
When returning the lower looper threading lever, always make sure that the two
blue triangle marks (directional arrows) meet each other.
Right needle thread (red)
Left needle thread (yellow)
Important: Thread the needles after threading of lower looper and upper looper.
First raise the presser foot lever, and then thread the needle threads in order shown in color coded thread guide.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
I found this manual - http://www.sewingmachinemanual.net/
However, if you google 'how to thread a serger indi" you will get a video that will give you the basics.
Before you start, raise the antenna to it's highest position and open the tensions by setting to zero, or if your serger has auto tension, raise the presser foot to open the tensions.
Posted on Mar 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2014 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Jan 20, 2014 | Janome Sewing Machines
Nov 19, 2013 | Husqvarna Huskylock Computerized 936
May 07, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Aug 13, 2010 | Husqvarna Huskylock Computerized 905
May 04, 2010 | Husqvarna Huskylock Computerized 905
Feb 21, 2010 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Oct 30, 2009 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Sep 30, 2009 | Sewing Machines
Apr 25, 2009 | Sewing Machines
Jun 16, 2018 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
May 29, 2018 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!