Question about Refrigerators
May be your temperature setting is got locked to child lock functions.
Try to unlock it.By pressing the freezer temp and refrigerator temp button together for 3 seconds.This will unlock it.If it gets locked, then again press it to unlock it.Then check.
CHILD LOCK BUTTON:--------When these( freezer temp and refrigerator temp) two buttons are pressed at the same time for 3 sec.the Power Freeze, Power Cool, Freeze Temp, Refrigerator Temp,
are locked and can not be modified. If you press the two buttons at the same time again for 3 sec., the
child lock function is cancelled.
• The freezer can be set to a temperature between -14°F and 8°F.-------
• Press the FREEZER TEMP. button repeatedly until the desired temperature is shown in the temperature display.---
• The temperature display changes in sequence between -14°F and 8°F. When the display reaches -14°F, it returns to 8°F.--------
• After five seconds, the display reverts to the average freezer temperature, which changes as the freezer reaches the new temperature.
• The refrigerator can be set to a temperature between 34°F and 46°F.---
• Press the REFRIGERATOR TEMP. button repeatedly until the desired temperature is shown in the temperature display.--
• The temperature display changes in sequence and reverts to the average temperature in the same way as the freezer.---
But if the inside temperature is warm and unit not cooling as required.Then, see if the unit is placed very much near to wall.If its placed, then keep good amount of space between wall and unit.At least 12 inches away from wall.If the placement is right, then other possibilities are faulty sensor, or problem with control board, or the doors are not getting properly closed.If the door seal gets worn out then, it will release the cold air out and it will not cool properly.If doors are getting properly closed and door seals are intact, then other possibility is weak compressor.In the compressor, there is a refrigerant gas for cooling the unit.If the refrigerant gets leaked or gets low, then compressor will run but unit will not cool to its required level.In case, if the compressor is causing the fault, then it has to be replaced, by tech.Replacing compressor is not easy job.---------
You can get
required parts from from online sites like: --- www.repairclinic.com
or from searspartsdirect online site. --------- This should
You can get required parts from from online sites like: --- www.repairclinic.com or from searspartsdirect online site. --------- This should help.Thanks.Helpmech.
Posted on Apr 09, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Freezers
Nov 10, 2014 | Kitchen Ranges
Sep 21, 2011 | Frigidaire PLEF398AC Electric Kitchen...
Jun 11, 2011 | Kenmore Ovens
Jun 01, 2011 | Refrigerators
Sep 18, 2010 | Samsung 24.8 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Sep 17, 2010 | Hotpoint RGB790SEHSA Gas Kitchen Range
Aug 31, 2010 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Jan 06, 2010 | Ovens
Dec 21, 2009 | GE Kitchen Ranges
Dec 15, 2017 | Refrigerators
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: