Question about Canon imageCLASS MF8180C All-In-One Laser Printer
To unninstall completly your printer from your computer you must delete form registry and from windows folder, To do this you must folow this steps:
A - add/remove program:
1. start/control panel/add remove program
2. select your printer adn unninstal all features
B - printer folder
1. Click Start, Control Panel and double-click Printers and Faxes.
2. Delete all the Printers available, by right-click and selecting "delete" option.
3. Click File menu and select Server Properties.
4. Select the Drivers tab. 5. For each entry, select the entry and click Remove.
C - Windows registry
Before modifying registry, take a backup of it.
1. Click Start and click on Run. 2. Type Regedit and from File menu, click on Export Registry. 3. Select "All" option for backing up every key of registry. 4. Give a destination file (say Regbackup) and save it on to the Desktop. 5. Now, click "+" beside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM 6. Click "+" beside CurrentControlSet 7. Click "+" beside Control 8. Click "+" beside Print 9. Click "+" beside Environments 10. Click "+" beside Windows NT x86 11. Click "+" beside Drivers 12. Under this key, there will be the keys Version-2 and Version-3 (some may be absent, which is normal) 13. Click on each Version key to find contents in the right-window pane. 14. Delete all the sub-keys inside Version-2 and Version-3, but not these keys themselves. 15. From File menu, click exit. C - deleting folders 1. Click Start, Run and type "cmd" (without quotes). 2. Key-in the following commands:
net stop spooler net start spooler
3. Type exit. 4. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to: %systemroot%\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86
NOTE: %systemroot% is usually C:\Windows, but it might be "winnt" or something else; this is set when the OS is installed. 5. Inside w32x86, there will be folders with the names 2 and 3 (some may be absent, which is normal) 6. Delete all of the files and sub-folders in each of the 2 and 3 folders, but not the folders themselves. 7. Inside w32x86, there may be other folders with names starting with "hewlett_packard", "hphp" or something else; delete these folders also. 8. Restart the print spooler (as in 2nd step, above) 9. Restart the computer.
At this point, the system should be pretty well back to the way it was before any printers were installed. The printing subsystem is then "clean" and ready for printers to be added using printer drivers. Install the all-in-one software, now."
Posted on Apr 09, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 10, 2011 | MSI K8MM-V Motherboard
Apr 06, 2011 | ASUS Rampage III Formula LGA 1366 Intel...
Apr 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 04, 2011 | MSI StarUSB3 USB adapter PCI Express x1 ...
Mar 14, 2011 | Sony ICD-P320 Digital Voice Recorder
Sep 15, 2010 | Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 Flatbed Scanner
Nov 15, 2009 | Lexmark X1270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 26, 2009 | Canon imageCLASS MF8180C All-In-One Laser...
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!