Question about Singer Vacuums
1. make sure you have the correct needle plate in place for the "foot" you are using. There is a "general purpose' plate and then other that may not work with the "foot" you utilize.
2. make sure the bobbin is place in the bobbin socket properly.
3. Make sure the needle is inserted properly.
4. Check if you have to oil the cam assembly
Remove lint of fluff from exposed parts.
With a soft cloth,clean
1. Tension discs, take-up lever, and Thread guides.
2. Pressure bar and needle bar
3. Bobbin case. (If there is an excessive amount of lint in the area, remove the bobbin case for cleaning.
4. Remove face plate as instructed on page 62 of the manual and clean area behind it with a lint brush.
5.Remove needle plate as instructed on page 8 of the manual, and using brush, clean the rotating hook area under the needplate and side plate
6. Your machine require no oiling under normal conditions.
7. check your "Tension dial" to see if you have the proper tension.
Posted on Apr 10, 2011
Besides replacing the needle plate, you could find a way to shim the plate up a little. You could do this with masking or duct tape. Or, if you have a handy husband or friend and the plate is quite a bit low, perhaps he or she could make a thin wood insert to fit under it.
If you would like to replace the plate, here is a website where you can order one: http://leasewingcenter.com/needleplates01.htm
Before you order one, should you want to, check out the part number against the one you have if it has one on the underneath somewhere. The part number is 352461-892
If I was short on cash, I would shim mine until I could find another...
I hope this helps. If it does, I'd appreciate your vote. Thanks,
Posted on Apr 09, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2016 | SewShop.com Singer Model 457 Instruction...
Feb 13, 2015 | SewShop.com Singer Model 920 Futura II...
Oct 27, 2014 | SewShop.com Singer Model 30518 Instruction...
Feb 12, 2013 | Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch...
Jan 02, 2013 | Singer Stylist 7258 Electric Sewing...
Jan 01, 2013 | Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch...
Dec 07, 2012 | SewShop.com Singer Model 457 Instruction...
Oct 23, 2012 | Singer Stylist 7258 Electric Sewing...
Dec 20, 2010 | Vacuums
Mar 25, 2017 | Singer Vacuums
277 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: