Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have taken it to a computer shop (C5180) they could not find out why erro code oxc18a0001 keeps coming up, I also took to a print cartridge store they put new print cartridge's in, still oxc18a0001. I have had this HP printer for about eighteen months, it just quit. It looks like I just bough it yesterday. The guy at the print cartridge stor said something about a patch, he is not a printer expert but he is trying to help.
Just do this troubleshooting once.
1. Press and hold "left arrow" key
2. Press the "setup" key and release both keys
3. Press and release the "OK" button
4. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. 2. Press and release the “OK” button.
5. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
6. Press and release the “OK” button.
7. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
8. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
9. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
10. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
11. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
12. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
13. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
14. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
15. If the error is still there, or reoccurs the printer is already defective.
Posted on Aug 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 25, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 18, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 16, 2009 | HP Photosmart D7460 Printer
May 20, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 17, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 01, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!