How to hook up protron pds-2315
First of all, the PDS-2315 is not a DVR (this question is incorrectly categorized), it is a home theater system. Also, this system is not a receiver -- it is a DVD player (DVD/CD/HDCD/CD-R/CD-RW/Kodak PCD Playback) with a "full function" Karaoke feature with two microphone inputs. If you haven't figured out how to set it up in the past 11 months, this is how you do it.
1. Connect the supplied RCA cables (labled FR, FL, SR, SL, Cen, and SW) to the corresponding RCA connections in the back of the DVD player and the back of the Sub-Woofer.
2. Connect the DVD Player to your television.
There are several options here depending on your available Television inputs: Coax Cable, Component (yellow jack), S-Video and Composite (composite providing the best video resolution and coax the poorest). HDMI is not available. Use s-video or composite if you can. You will note that the composite RCA jacks are colored Orange, Blue, and Green. In a pinch, any RCA Cables will work - just don't cross the color codes between the DVD Player and the television. If you need to use coax you will need a coax to RCA adapter. If your television only has a component jack (yellow), it's a simple connection between the two.
On the back of the DVD player you'll find two RCA jacks labled "Main R" and "Main L". These will be connected to your Audio Out connections on the back of your television. If you don't have Audio Out RCA jacks on the back of your television, but have an earphone jack, you can purchase an RCA adaptor to make that connection. With rear audio out jacks, you should have an option in your television's audio setup menu to select those outputs. (DO NOT CONFUSE "AUDIO OUT" WITH "AUDIO INPUT" because the will look identical.) If you don't have either of these connections, you will not be able to use the system to listen to television signals.
3. Connect the speakers. Each of the speakers is labled with their position (FR, FL, CEN, SR, SL). The speaker wires are color coded to the spring connectors in the rear of the sub-woofer/amplifier. Press the spring lever and place the wire into the opening. For proper biasing, place the color coded wire into the colored spring connector and the other wire into the black connector for the specified speaker. Connecting the speakers should be very easy. If the ends of the speaker wires become damaged, simply strip the wires back half an inch and connect as above. Place the speakers as specified by their position lables (FL, CEN, FR in front of the television and SL and SR to the right and left of the seating.)
4. Plug it in and power on. You'll need to plug in both the DVD player and the sub-woofer. Press the power button, hit the open/close button on either the DVD player or the remote control and put a disc in the machine. If you don't have a picture or a "Protron" title screen, hit the "P-SCAN" button on the remote (top left corner below the "STANDBY" button).
5. Hit the "SETUP" key and enter your system's information and you're done. Your system will work just like any other DVD player with theatre quality sound. --With the added feature of functioning as a Karaoke machine! Just add proper Karaoke CDs, a couple microphones, a bunch of friends and copius amounts of alcohol . . .
Feb 21, 2009 |
Protron PD-DVR100 DVD Recorder