probably itz either
minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..or
major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/hdd..
..plz do check the following as in order:..the Hardware part
if the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxide
formed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standby
2) 4) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking'
noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to b
3)remove/clean dust neatly..dust is non-uniform in
nature n may cause jam/short circuitry/excess resistance n many
more..resulting an increase in heat..
4) open the CPU Heat-Sink
with fan out of the socket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available in
local electronics chip level spare market) between the cpu/processor and
the CPU Heat Sink *** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
on main/mother board..see with a debug card for mb error..may b
short..look for defective capacitors(esp above1000mfd)/mosfets..go
through the mb's south bridge n the circuit lie around atx
connector..the crystal clock generator (if cpu isn't heating up)....the Software part:..
hv a licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (i
prefer avg/kaspersky,remember, without updation a full version antivirus
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html
all the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find what
to remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in each
n every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html
6)disable the following:..
'Automatically Restart' right click on my
computer->properties->advanced->startup n recovery->(uncheck
on the) Automatically Restart;
b)'Error Reporting' right click on
my computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disable
error reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when critical
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r bot a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....