Question about Kenmore Refrigerators
There are many things that can go wrong with a Kenmore refrigerator ice maker. Your ice maker may be leaking. It may not make any ice at all, or the ice that comes out smells or has an odd appearance. The problem may have an easy solution, or it may require a technician's expertise. The troubleshooting tips in this article will minimally make you aware of what is likely the source of the problem. You may be able to fix the problem yourself and save a bundle.
When it Won't Make Ice
1. Get a thermometer and see how cold it is in there. If your freezer is fewer than 17 degrees F, it won't make ice. The freezer temperature setting may be too high or the thermometer is broken and not calibrated correctly. If adjusting the temperature fails to work, call a Kenmore technician.
2. Determine if your water fill spout in the freezer is plugged with ice. If so, no new ice can be made. Try clearing it out or melting the ice by running a hair dryer on it for a few minutes.
3 Turn your refrigerator around to look at the back side to see if water is getting to the water inlet valve behind the fridge. If the water is not properly connected, there's no water to make ice.
4. Use an ohm meter to test for coil continuity. If the ohm meter shows there is no continuity, then you will need to replace the water inlet valve.
When the Ice Maker Leaks
1. Refer to your user manual to determine where your fill volume adjustment dial, is and turn it down. One-half to one full turn usually is approximately equal to 20 to 40 cc, and the correct fill is usually 130 to 150 cc ( 4.5 to 5.0 oz ).
2. See if there are icicles hanging from the fill spout and/or on the ice maker's sides. If there are, this means your water inlet valve is leaking and will need replacing. Refer to your user manual for a part number, or call a technician.
3. Check to see if the ejector seal is cracked. If it is, replace it. Refer to your user manual for a part number, or call a technician.
Hope this would help you.
Have a good day : )
Posted on Sep 05, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2015 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Feb 18, 2015 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Before going to buy any parts
Go through this troubleshooting help links.
This is list of refrigerator problems,
which is normally faced in refrigerator.
You can go through the details, by clicking the link below:---
Refrigerator is not cooling properly?
Both refrigerator and freezer not cooling properly in refrigerator?
The ice maker not working: ---
Compressor not running on refrigerator?
Water dispenser not working on refrigerator?
other ice maker related issues and solutions:---
These will help.
Dec 21, 2012 | LG LFX25976ST - 3-Door French Door...
Jan 09, 2010 | LG LRSC-26922 Side by Side Refrigerator
Dec 04, 2009 | Whirlpool 25.2 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Aug 23, 2009 | Freezers
Jul 23, 2009 | Whirlpool ED2FHEXN Side by Side...
Jul 11, 2009 | Amana ARS266ZBS Side by Side Refrigerator
Sep 09, 2008 | U-Line Icemaker
May 22, 2007 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!