Question about HP Compaq nc4400 Notebook
The power-on password prevents use of the computer until the password is entered. The
setup password prevents unauthorized changes to Computer Setup. To clear the
passwords, you must remove all power from the system board. If you do not know the
passwords, use the following procedure to clear the password:
1. Remove all battery packs.
2. Disconnect the AC power.
3. Remove the real-time clock battery.
4. Wait thirty minutes.
5. Reconnect the AC power. DO NOT INSTALL THE BATTERY!
6. Restart the computer. During Power-On Self Test (POST), a ? 162 System Options
not set? message appears.
7. Shut down the computer, then disconnect AC power again.
8. Replace the real-time clock battery.
9. Install the battery pack(s).
10. Reconnect the AC power.
11. Start the computer. 12.It should work....
Posted on Apr 08, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2012 | HP Compaq nc4400 1.83GHz Core 2 DUO T5600...
Oct 16, 2012 | HEWLETT-PACKARD 419116001 HP NC4400 nc4400...
Jul 19, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 22, 2011 | HP Compaq nc4400 Notebook
Sep 05, 2010 | HP Compaq nc4400 1.83GHz Core 2 DUO T5600...
666 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!