Manual for infitek mp3/mp4
Problem: Infitek MP4 player is recognized by Vista and Windows XP but when you try to put files on it, error pops up.
Solution: The MP4 needs to be reformatted to FAT32 file system, here is howto do it:
1) Connect USB cable to PC
2) Connect Infitek to cable.
3) An AutoPlay window will pop up on your PC. Select "Open folders to view files using Windows Explorer"
4) On the left of the explorer window the following will be seen "Removable Disk (?:)" (? can be any letter in the alphabet, most likely E-K)
5) Right click on "Removable Disk (?:)" with your mouse and select "Format"
6) "Format Removable Disk (?:)" window will appear, select FAT32 from the FIle system Combo box and select Quick Format from the Format options and click on START
You may need to format the MP4 more than once, it did not work for mr the first time.
7) After you receive a message, Format completed successfully you can drag and drop any files to the "Removable Disk (?:)" which is the MP4 player storage area.
8) Disconnect the cable, turn on the MP4, if at main menu use the >>| key to get to the Music, Click MENU key to get to the first song, click >|| to play song.
I used .WMA files (Windows Media Player) songs. They seemed to work ok
Oct 07, 2007 |
Coby MP-610 MP3 Player