Question about Kenmore Front Load Washer
Thanks for choosing FixYa and welcome. It seems to me like it is getting a power surge and the fuse is blowing. You will need to test the wires and find out the source of the power surge. Test the wires at the fuse and see if you have an abnormal reading. More then likely, you will somewhere in the harness.
Posted on Apr 29, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: washer wont spin
You may be right, but before you rule completely on the motor, have you checked the Spin Control (sometimes referred to as a Motor Control Unit)? My experience with this unit usually has the Spoin Control board going bad more frequently. There should be a tech sheet located inside the washer behind the front panel under the door somewhere. The tech sheet should include all steps necessary in determing how to rule whether the motor windings are good, or the whether Spin Control board has failed. If you decide to replace the parts yourself, you can find them at repairclinic.com and searspartsdirect.com. Repairclinic has better pricing, but Sears has better diagrams used in parts identification and troubleshooting. The parts you may need are as follows:
Item 1206430 Spin Control
Item 823073 Motor-sole
Item 4 (p/n #134149220) Speed Control (Under "PANELS/HOSES" heading)
Item 19 (p/n # 131770600) Motor-sole (Under DRUM/MOTOR" heading)
Of course...you can do your own comparitive pricing if you don't wish to shop online. Just use the Sears part numbers as a reference.
I hope this helps. Post back and let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on May 07, 2008
you can check two things,. One is, is the belt broken or stretched, the other is the motor, is the motor turning if the motor is turning then replace the belt. If the motor is not turning replace the motor.
Posted on Feb 08, 2009
SOURCE: will not spin or drain
take front panel off in the water pump rubber hose feel to see u can feelsomething in side the pump .this will cause the pump to stop/and not spin
Posted on May 13, 2009
First of all, unplug your washer. You will need to remove the console in order to get to the lid switch. The washer may have release tabs under the console at each front corner. Simply slide a putty knife straight in from the front at each corner and push in while lifting up. You should feel the release tabs push in and the console will pop up. If not equipped with this type of console, you may have a console that has removable end caps. They can be removed by gently prying up on the top of them from the rear on each side. You may have to use a small screwdriver for this. The caps should pop right off. Once removed, you will need to loosen a screw under each cap. Once you have the console loosened, carefully lift it up and lay it back over the rear panel of the washer in its resting position. Be careful not to damage the small plastic hinges that hold it in place. Now you will need to perform the following steps:
1. Under the console you will find the lid switch connector. Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. You will need to remove these to remove the machine casing. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver away from you while holding into the groove and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Now pull the case from the frame by lifting from the back first.
You do not have to remove it all the way from the frame, just enough to gain access to the switch. All there is to the switch is a couple of screws holding it in and a ground wire. It's a pretty easy repair job. Some models will have the switch located on the right-hand side of the lid rim opening, while other models will have the switch located on the left-hand side near the lid hinge.
Once you've completed your switch installation, make sure you get the case back on the frame correctly by following these steps:
1. While looking down through the lid opening, place the front lip of the machine case UNDER the washer frame and start leaning it back onto the frame. There are four small cleats that must fit into four slots on the case or the washer will vibrate. Make sure the frame is seated properly, lean forward from the front of the washer, grasp both sides of the rear panel and pull towards the case. The rear panel should be seated and flush with the casing before inserting the retaining clips.
2. Insert the brass-colored clips into the slot on the washer rear panel first, and then push straight down into the opening on the top of the washer with some force. If you have the case seated correctly, the clips will snap back in.
3. Make sure you plug the connector from the console back into the lid switch receptacle BEFORE you reassemble the console. This is easy to forget.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Problems with a washing machine not spinning or not draining are often inter related..
If you are having a problem with your top load washer then check out this tip...
Washing Machine does not Pump or Spin
If you are having problems with your front load washing machine then checkout this tip...
Front Load Washing machine not draining and or not spinning
May 15, 2011 | Kenmore Energy Star 44092 Front Load...
Mar 22, 2011 | Washing Machines
Oct 12, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Aug 31, 2010 | Washing Machines
May 25, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Apr 25, 2010 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
Feb 18, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Sep 16, 2009 | Washing Machines
Mar 27, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: