Question about Computers & Internet
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This happens from time to time with these routers. It happenned to me with a Linksys and I found that the power unit in the router failed. One thing you could do is try a couple of different wall sockets or see if another adapter might work. Is your Netgear new enough to get replaced by the store?
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
Hi, follow the steps below to upgrade firmware on the router:
A. Open the router page using the following way:
1. Connect a computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
2. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
3. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
4. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the username and password is case sensitive).
B. Visit the following link to download the latest firmware.
C. Please follow the steps to upload the firmware of the router:
1. Open the router page using the steps mentioned above.
2. Under Maintenance, click router Upgrade.
3. Click Browse and locate the upgrade file.
4. Click Upload.
5. Wait for the router to reboot.
6. Click on 'Logout' (at the bottom of the list) from left menu.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
that means your wireless hax being encrypted(wep) you need to contact your network admin. to supply the logon domains for you.
Posted on Aug 10, 2009
your easiest solution is probably just to reset everything back to defualt settings. there is a small pin hole button on the back or bottom to do this.
hope this helps!
Posted on Aug 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2011 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Mar 21, 2011 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Nov 02, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
Oct 26, 2010 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Oct 05, 2010 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Jul 21, 2010 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Mar 03, 2010 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Feb 14, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jul 08, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
Oct 30, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!