Question about Dell Latitude D410 Notebook
If the screen on your laptop is dimming or not working at all, the fault may lie in the Dell Latitude D410 Inverter --the device that powers the screen's backlight. Replacing an Dell Latitude D410 LCD inverter will require some finesse, but you do not need a technical background. If you are comfortable with opening up your laptop, then this is a do-it-yourself project.
1. Unplug your laptop and remove the battery pack.
2. Locate the rubber screw covers around your laptop screen. There are typically four, but some models may have more.
3. Remove the screw covers. Take care not to lose any. They pop off and, if you are not careful, could go flying.
4. Place your fingers between the front bezel (the plastic piece around the LCD screen) and the screen. Gently work your way around the screen to remove the front bezel and expose the screen assembly.
5. Remove the inverter from the screen assembly. It is held on by tape in most models. In some models the Dell Latitude D410 Inverter may be right at the bottom of the screen assembly, below the actual LCD. Other models have the Dell Latitude D410 LCD inverter behind the screen. To disassemble the screen, you will need to either unscrew the screen from its metal holder, or just lift the screen out to expose the inverter.
6. Disconnect the wires leading from the Dell Latitude D410 Inverter. One wire goes to the backlight, while the other goes to the video card.
7. Look on the back of the Dell Latitude D410 LCD inverter for a model number or serial number. Having this exact number will make it easier to order a replacement.
8. Connect the video wire and the backlight wire into the new inverter and affix it using the tape that held the original in place. If you do not have that tape anymore, or it has lost its adhesiveness, you can buy more from computer parts retailers.
9. Put the screen back in place if you need to, and snap the front bezel back on.
10. Screw the front bezel screws back in, and place the screw covers back in place.
Posted on Apr 07, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 26, 2015 | LG Televison & Video
Mar 16, 2014 | Dell Latitude D410 Notebook
May 19, 2012 | Dell Latitude D410 Notebook
Jul 18, 2011 | Dell Latitude D410 Notebook
May 12, 2011 | Dell Latitude D410 Notebook
Nov 30, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 19, 2010 | Dell Latitude D410 Notebook
Jun 12, 2010 | Dell Latitude D410 Notebook
Mar 25, 2009 | Dell Latitude D410 Notebook
269 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!