Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Please try the following links http://www.copiers.toshiba.com/support/controllers/e-studio120.shtml
Please rate this solution.. Thank You..
Posted on May 03, 2009
SOURCE: On a Toshiba e studio
The procedure is explained below :-
Technical Service Procedure
Correct procedure for service of TOSHIBA e-Studio 161
When the spanner light and the developer (sun) light are illuminated it is time for a service.
* Try and run the PM Service and drum life counters together.
* Part that are required for a 50,000 copy service (OD 1620 DRUM, D1620 DEVELOPER, BL1620D DRUM BLADE)
* Clean and inspect drum unit.
* Clean all optics and glass.
* Clean and rewire transfer corona.
* Clean and check main charge needle electrode [saw tooth]
* Clean and check fuser units including blades, rollers and scraper fingers.
* Clean erase lamps and ozone filters.
* Clean and check all feed rollers.
* Clean machine inside and out.
* Replace the required parts.
* Reset mini maintenance counters:
* [CLEAR] > [EXPOSURE] > [CLEAR ]> [EXPOSURE] and the machine will die.
* Input  [START]  [START]"000""000" will flash on the display.
* Reset the drum life counter:
* Input  [START]  [START] "000"000" will flash on the display
* Reset developer life counter:
* Input  [START]  [START] "000""000" will flash on the display.
* Once all the part have been replaced and the counters been reset, check the copy quality.
* Notes: Application of the patting powder is for reducing the friction between the drum and cleaning blade. If the application of
patting powder is neglected, the drum and cleaning blade may be damaged. Please clean off the patting powder before putting the
cleaner unit into the machine.
Developing doctor gap adjustment
1) Loosen the developing doctor fixing screw A.
2) Insert a thickness gauge of 1.5mm to the three positions at 20mm and 130mm from the both ends of the developing
doctor as shown.
3) Push the developing doctor in the arrow direction, and tighten the developing doctor fixing screw. (Perform the same
procedure for the front and the rear frames.)
4) Check the clearance of the developing doctor. If it is within the specified range, then fix the doctor fixing screw with
* When inserting a thickness gauge, be careful not to scratch the developing doctor and the MG roller.
CHANGING A TRAY'S PAPER SIZE SETTING
Follow these steps to change a tray's paper size setting.
* The paper size setting cannot be changed when the machine has stopped temporarily due to running out of
paper or a misfeed, or during interrupt copying.
* During printing (even in copy mode), the paper size setting cannot be changed.
* A5 (ST) size paper can only be selected in upper paper tray.
* Do not load paper that is a different size than the paper size setting. Copying will not be possible.
Hold down the [PAPER SIZE ENTER]
key for more than 5 seconds to
set the selected paper size.
The currently selected
paper feed location
indicator will blink and
the corresponding paper
size (which is currently
set) indicator will light
steadily. All other
indicators will go out.
If the machine has two paper trays,
use the [TRAY SELECT] key to
select the paper tray for which you
wish to change the paper size setting.
Each time the [TRAY
SELECT] key is
pressed, a paper tray will
be indicated with a
blinking paper feed
Use the [ORIGINAL SIZE ENTER] key
to select the paper size.
The indicator of the
selected paper size lights
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Oct 01, 2010
SOURCE: How to reset maintenance drum
You can use the Toshiba e-studio 160/200 service manual for this machine,
Enter 08 Service mode and:
check these addresses
340 Drum counter end setting. Drum Life:160 and 200 are 27,000 copies.
250 is 33,000 copies. If set to 0:Nothing displays.
673 Resetting drum related counters (08/355 and 08/401) works only if 08/869 is set to 1=SRU, if set to 0 is=CRU.
SRU: Service Replaceable Unit.
CRU: Customer Replaceable Unit.
Posted on Jun 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2016 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 01, 2013 | Toshiba e-Studio DP170F Plain Paper Laser...
Jun 27, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 11, 2011 | Toshiba E-Studio 161 Copier
Oct 28, 2010 | Toshiba e-Studio 205 Copier
Feb 28, 2010 | Toshiba e-Studio162D Copier
Sep 23, 2009 | Toshiba E-Studio 161 Copier
Sep 08, 2009 | Toshiba Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 06, 2009 | Toshiba e-Studio 232 Black and White...
300 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!