Instructions for changing the walking belt on my Cadence DX15 treadmill
1. Unplug the treadmill and remove the motor hood.
2. Use a permanent marker like a Sharpie and mark the roller positions on the bolt on the front roller and bolts on the rear roller- not all front rollers have this adjustment bolt.
3. Loosen the walking belt at the rear of the treadmill.
4. Remove the front roller adjustment bolt.
5. Some higher end treadmills use straddle covers that have an undermount or slide mount. If you don't see staples or bolts on the top of the cover, do not pry them up. If you do have one stapled or screwed down, use a flat head screwdriver or similar instrument, pop the plastic deck cover on the right hand side up (if you are standing on the treadmill like you are using it, the deck cover on the right side). If you see screws, simply unscrew and remove the screws. Screws are included to reattach the cover near the end of installation.
6. Remove the deck bolts…most have 3 or 4 bolts.
7. Once the deck is loose on the right side, completely remove the screws from the rear roller. Be careful with the plastic endcaps. The endcaps and the roller need to be removed in this step.
8. One person should hold the deck up and hold the front roller in position near the pulley while a second person removes the old walking belt (some models that do not fold and a very few number that do have a side handrail on the right side that attaches at the base of the treadmill…if yours does, remove this handrail before removing the belt). If you are talented, you can do this with a single person.
9. With one person holding the deck up and holding the front roller in position near the pulley, the second person should reinstall the new walking belt. Once the belt is in place, raise the deck up again and look underneath to make sure the belt is in the center of the belt guides that stick down from the deck underside. When tensioned, the belt guides should make the outside edges of the walking belt turn toward the center of the belt.
10. Replace the rear endcaps and rear roller and start the rear roller bolts. DO NOT TIGHTEN THE REAR ROLLER BOLTS IN THIS STEP.
11. Refasten the deck bolts. Go ahead and tighten the deck bolts fully in this step.
12. Refasten the front roller bolt and return it to the marked position (it was marked in step 2).
13. Replace if you have undermount straddle covers or fasten the plastic side deck cover with the enclosed screws if yours were screwed or stapled down. Removing the staples in the deck with a pair of pliers before reattaching the deck cover is not required but will make it easier to reattach.
14. Retighten the walking belt to the marked positions on the rear roller bolts.
15. Check the walking belt for proper tension by lifting it 2” to 3” in the center of the belt.
16. Test the treadmill for slippage and make adjustments (if needed) for lateral centering or tracking.
17. Once the belt tests good, replace the motor hood.
Feb 17, 2010 |
Exercise & Fitness