Question about Sony Audio Players & Recorders
Perform the following steps to resolve the issue.
1. Confirm that the portable player is connected to a working USB port and that it is charging. If necessary, connect it to a different port. When connected properly, the battery icon will be animated or it will indicate the charge status such as FULL when charging is completed.
2. Make sure that you are pressing the POWER button to turn the player on. Previous Walkman models that did not have a power button would turn on by pressing any button. This model must have the power button pressed to turn it on.
3. Ensure that the HOLD function is not activated.
NOTE: For some models, when you use the portable player for the first time, if you have not used it for a long time, or the battery is depleted, it may take up to 5 minutes for it to be recognized or start charging. On models with a display, the display will remain blank. If it the portable player is not recognized or does not begin to charge after waiting 5 minutes, continue with this procedure to reset the unit.
4. If the portable player is still not responding, reset it by pressing the RESET button with a small pin or similar object. Reset button is located near the Strap hole.
NOTE: When the RESET button is pressed, although the unit will retain the music data and clock settings, all other stored data and settings may be deleted. If the unit starts up after the reset, access the Settings menu and initialize the unit using the Format (initialize) function.
5. If there was no change after the player was reset, connect it to the computer and reset it again, leaving it connected.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 08, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2012 | Sony Walkman NWZ-B135 MP3 Player
on May 11, 2011 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W50 Digital Camera
Feb 16, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
May 06, 2010 | Sony Walkman NWZ-B135 MP3 Player
Mar 18, 2010 | Sony Walkman NWZ-B135 MP3 Player
Oct 07, 2009 | Sony NWZ-B103FBLK MP3 Player
Mar 09, 2009 | Sony Walkman NWZ-B103F MP3 Player
Jan 06, 2009 | Sony Walkman Video NWZ-A815 Digital Media...
Nov 11, 2008 | Sony NWZB135F MP3 Player
298 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!